Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Disc Rot

maxim9691

Disc Rot

Post by maxim9691 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:18 pm

My CDs are beginning to become unplayable. For You to Controversy all are letting light shine through the discs.
    I noticed Morris Day's Day Dreaming has a gumball size hole in the metal. Anyone else having this happen?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    CKJ505

Re: Disc Rot

Post by CKJ505 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Gladly, I don't, I ripped them the moment I got them and put them into my vault. All I use are my personal CD Burns! dj
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:13 pm

CKJ505 wrote:Gladly, I don't, I ripped them the moment I got them and put them into my vault. All I use are my personal CD Burns! dj
    I don't believe this is from over use, but rather oxidation. The MD cd had only been played a couple of times.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:35 am

The odd CD yes. Some of them LOOK as if they couldn't play, but still do.

I've found DVDs to be a lot more deteriorative (if that's a word). But that might be coincidence.

I remember buying my first CD (back in the early 1990s) think, I now have this album in perfect condition for the rest of my life.  Laughing
    I have since bought the album 5 times again (in different formats and remasters), and the original CD box lies unloved somewhere in the attic ...
    inwardjim

Post by inwardjim on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:29 pm

The early LP reissues on CD were rather cheaply made.  Cost corners were cut in order to make a wider selection available for the newly affordable medium in the '80s.  Around the time of the Dire Straits album that was issued on CD only they stopped that nonsense.  It can happen, but more frequently with the earlier releases.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:03 am