Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Dealing with it...

CKJ505

Dealing with it...

Post by CKJ505 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Dear Beloved...

It is very difficult to put into words but at some stage I have to deal with the massive loss we all feel...

On April 21st, a Year will have passed since we heard the terrible news of Prince Roger Nelson's passing... so very sad for all of us.

Over the last few months, I do not think that Prince got a right send off, the Tribute was nice and all but lacking in spots...that's just me, personally speaking..

The main reason why I am here, a few years back, a good friend led me by the hand and brought me here to the EMC. I thank him for it!

Being a Prince fan now is pretty ccrappy really... "friends" of mine say stuff like... "so...where to now"? what's next...?

I don't know...!!!! in my head I am thinking .... what a mess!

It is so sad the way Prince died.... I would rather a car crash..or something... something explainable if you know what I mean.

Maybe it is just me, but there is not a day I don't think about Prince and his inspiring music and leadership that makes me who I am today....

I said it before in some shape or form... 

I stupidly am still at a loss....

Lend me your ears Purple Friends, lend me your ears...

Sincerely Yours,

CK.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    maxim9691

Re: Dealing with it...

Post by maxim9691 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:33 pm

I hear ya. You are right to say it was a mess and didn't make sense.

From where I sit the music is not what it was (before his passing). What I mean to say is, without a living Prince the music has lost it's glimmer. What once was everlasting and organic is now fading and static. Paisley Park has moved from 'in your heart' to 'in your memory', 'it ain't over' is now just 'over'. The money managers and fat bankers are having their day and I for one don't want to watch the ending of this parade.

Life and Death of a Prince: He believed in the resurrection hope. Meaning when you die, you return to the ground and your thoughts parish with the body, but you will then be resurrected to everlasting life on paradise Earth.
    Which might explain the lack of a will or the carefree nature of what was left behind, knowing these things were meant for the present and will not be around in the future.

I for one find satisfaction knowing this ordinary music Man from Minneapolis at least knew 'The Truth' before everything came to an end.
    I too share the resurrection hope, which is where The Real Park Is.

***He is only sleeping***

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:43 pm

I echo much of what was said here

It felt very different doing this when he was alive.  Now we are dead rock star worshippers, which feels creepy...like Dad dancing, we didn't do anything different but now have a new label

After P died, I found some solace in working on this - an EMF All Stars track that Max and Y had done a few years before (I think their first collaboration according to urban legend, so historic stuff to be tampering with).  Came up with a chorus and remixed the 2nd half EMF style.  Inspired by the frustration at the time that 99% of the P tributes the weeks after were covers of either PR or SISIA.  Sent it back to Y, but we were unable to come up with appropriate lyrics to match the chorus/sentiment and then life got in the way, etc etc.  Remains unreleased.

Once that was out of my system, it was just a feeling of numbness.  The Montreux videos were the first thing I paid attention to post April.   I have no vested interest in what the estate/Family does, what gets released, what the final autopsy says, etc etc.  It won't change anything about how I felt or now feel.  As Max said, have no interest in watching the end of this Parade.

Am most thankful for the friends I have met along the way thanks to P's music.

EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Mace2theO wrote:Am most thankful for the friends I have met along the way thanks to P's music.

A big Co-Sign to that. I would love to for us to do more All-Stars projects, I miss those greatly. But, We are all raising our families and are caught up with normal life.

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:34 pm

maxim9691 wrote:
    Mace2theO wrote:Am most thankful for the friends I have met along the way thanks to P's music.

A big Co-Sign to that. I would love to for us to do more All-Stars projects, I miss those greatly. But, We are all raising our families and are caught up with normal life.

Elsa did more podcasts than I did last year Laughing

EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:28 am

Similar thoughts - rather than warming us at a flame, we'll have to warm us at the image of a flame ...

Work has taken over much of me now (you didn't know dictionaries could do that) ... But, as long as there are computers and internet I keep popping up here from time to time, to see whether any one you is around.

I really liked Maceo's 'Get On Your Feet' mix. But hated the bits I added. Wasn't in the right frame of mind for it back then ...

The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:23 pm