Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Crystal Ball DVD

DrkMtr

Crystal Ball DVD

Post by DrkMtr on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:33 am

Greetings all,

I was wondering whether anyone was familiar with a Crystal Ball DVD?  I saw a torrent for it on Kickass Torrents, but no one is seeding it any longer.  The format identifies the material as belonging to a DVD i.e. audio-video with a Video_TS folder.  I don't know whether it's supposed to be official unreleased material, a promo, or a fan created video collection.

Also, I recently saw a Crystal Ball video posted on YouTube.  Initially, I questioned its authenticity, as official Prince material, only to find it taken down less than a week after I viewed it due to a copyright claim by NPG Music. 

The Crystal Ball video takedown makes me think that the Crystal Ball DVD is real and out there somewhere, but on second thought the takedown could be completely concerned with the copyrighted music used in the video.

I have a link to a ripped copy of the Crystal Ball video I saw on YouTube, but apparently, because I'm a new member I'm not allowed to post it. I totally understand the reason for this restriction by the way.

Any confirmation of its existence or information detailing its content would be greatly appreciated.  Oh, and of course, I'm looking for a copy.  Thanks!

DrkMtr
    DrkMtr

Re: Crystal Ball DVD

Post by DrkMtr on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:27 am

Anyone interested in seeing the Crystal Ball video removed from YouTube by NPG Music should PM me and I'll direct you to a place you can view it.  I'd love to have others thoughts and comments on its authenticity as well.  My latest thinking on the matter is that in the past, YouTube has just removed audio from videos, but in this case they removed the video in its entirety.  Anyway, looking forward to hearing what others think.
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:45 am

As far as I remember, there was just the Crystal Ball website, which didn't have any videos. Never heard of any video material specifically attached to this project.

I wouldn't read too much in Youtube taking it down. NPG music has had youtube remove my videos because they had the same title as a prince song - even when I wrote that one myself ('Still Waiting 4 The Chocolate Invasion). But that was back in the 'bad days' ... which, come to think of it, were the good days ...
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:33 pm

There is a lot of fanmade stuff out there that looks very real

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    DrkMtr

Post by DrkMtr on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:25 pm

Thanks for the input guys.  Well, seeing as the song is an official release and the video probably fan made,

Last edited by maxim9691 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total
    DrkMtr

Post by DrkMtr on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Here we go.  Someone pointed me in the direction of this link for the Crystal Ball video I saw on YouTube. Everywhere I've seen the video posted it has the same commentary, so it's either being posted by the same person or everyone is copying and posting the original comments since no other information is given about the video.  I don't know whether this is the same content on the Crystal Ball DVD once available as a torrent download.
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:53 pm

DrkMtr wrote:Here we go.  Someone pointed me in the direction of this link for the Crystal Ball video I saw on YouTube.  Everywhere I've seen the video posted it has the same commentary, so it's either being posted by the same person or everyone is copying and posting the original comments since no other information is given about the video.  I don't know whether this is the same content on the Crystal Ball DVD once available as a torrent download.

Thanks DrkMtr

I am pretty sure the video is not official - just some nice animation for the song.  Also assume any Crystal Ball DVD is just a compilation of any videos from that era or cd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:49 am