Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Official Lyrics

CKJ505

Official Lyrics

Post by CKJ505 on Fri May 20, 2016 5:28 am

Very slick file to have, all the official lyrics in PDF format.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    Ymaginatif

Re: Official Lyrics

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri May 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Very nice design indeed, and carefully put together!

I hope one day that person does a complete version. Inlcuding singles etc.

(why do people include Plectrumelectrum and not Newpower Soul? Strange ... I include both (and a great deal more). But this '39 studio albums' seems to be becoming the canonical figure now?)

The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri May 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:Very nice design indeed, and carefully put together!

(why do people include Plectrumelectrum and not Newpower Soul? Strange ... I include both (and a great deal more). But this '39 studio albums' seems to be becoming the canonical figure now?)

canonical .. .. "word" 

as in new word... ha!

Cool

still a nice file to have as a doc pdf...  sunny

The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    kezako

Post by kezako on Sat May 28, 2016 2:24 pm

interristing thank U
    rocman

Post by rocman on Sun May 29, 2016 2:38 pm

A PDF with the lyrics is a great idea
    rocman

Post by rocman on Sun May 29, 2016 2:43 pm

"(why do people include Plectrumelectrum and not Newpower Soul? Strange ... I include both (and a great deal more)."

I always wonder the same thing. I personally love Newpower Soul. "Come On" one of my favorite songs and definitely the best video.
    Coldheat007

Post by Coldheat007 on Sun May 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Wow that had to be a ton of work.
    PurpleDutch

Post by PurpleDutch on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:55 pm

Wow! great to have.
    bd1

Post by bd1 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:21 am

Wow nice idea.
    bilottag

Post by bilottag on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:49 am

Thanks for this
    inwardjim

Post by inwardjim on Tue May 09, 2017 4:12 pm

good to have, thank you!
    inwardjim

Post by inwardjim on Tue May 09, 2017 4:15 pm

I still want to know how somebody heard "Of You And I Engaged In A Kiss" as "Of Me and Marvin Gaye and the kids"
    inwardjim

Post by inwardjim on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:07 am

I've noticed that 39, too.  The number should be much higher, at minimum 52 (because my Listen2Prince blog is a Prince project a week, and I had to group like releases together, like The Time or Madhouse or both phases of HITnRUN).  Upper 70's by my count but then again I include more than just 3EG and NPG.  Madhouse, The Family, the first few Sheila E albums, Mavis Staples' Paisley Park releases (as one), Jill Jones, Carmen Electra, The Time albums, both 6's, and so on.
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:40 pm

inwardjim wrote:

I've noticed that 39, too.  The number should be much higher, at minimum 52 (because my Listen2Prince blog is a Prince project a week, and I had to group like releases together, like The Time or Madhouse or both phases of HITnRUN).  Upper 70's by my count but then again I include more than just 3EG and NPG.  Madhouse, The Family, the first few Sheila E albums, Mavis Staples' Paisley Park releases (as one), Jill Jones, Carmen Electra, The Time albums, both 6's, and so on.

I read your review of 'the rainbow children' , on your blog. The album has little to do with actual Biblical knowledge, and much more to do with P's own purple spirituality and his feeling that his life was more important than the average man. The rating of 8/10 is accurate.

inwardjim

Post by inwardjim on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:10 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    inwardjim wrote:

I read your review of 'the rainbow children' , on your blog. The album has little to do with actual Biblical knowledge, and much more to do with P's own purple spirituality and his feeling that his life was more important than the average man. The rating of 8/10 is accurate.

Thanks for reading!  It's taken off since then a bit (weirdly the most read entry so far has been The Kamasutra with 3200 views and still rising).
    I had to go back and reread what I wrote on TRC.  I hope it didn't come across that I was trying to relate it to the Bible, just that the title tracks was setting the stage the same way Genesis did - minus the ad infinitum begatting.  With each one I have found that I generally end up writing it one way for three days, and then half way through Thursday it clicks and I rewrite the whole thing.  That happened with last week's on Emancipation.

This has been a bigger undertaking than I thought it would be!  It's made me reevaluate a lot of the books I'd read (Jason Draper's in particular I've started to lose my taste for), reconnect with old sources and podcasts (older Peach & Black seems less now because it is based purely on their opinion) and realize how incomplete PrinceVault really is, but appreciate what it is trying to do so much more.

In the fall when I get to the '86 era, Mace2TheO's 1986 set is going to be invaluable!
    inwardjim

Post by inwardjim on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 am

Right now my plan is to talk about the tours and band line-ups next year, where all the books I've checked out from this amazing library will come in handy!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:58 am