Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

What does the future hold?

Raserisk

What does the future hold?

Post by Raserisk on Thu May 05, 2016 7:59 pm

Two weeks have passed since Prince passed away but despite all of the controversy in the media right now concerning his death, I'm looking towards the future of what will happen to Paisley Park, his estates and I think most importantly, his vault which will preserve his legacy for decades to come if handled correctly.

Are there any unreleased songs that you would love to see finished someday and released? In my personal opinion I see the unreleased music as the final frontier and in some ways, it was this mystique and awe that really kept me captivated as a hardcore fan back in the past because it felt that Prince was truly timeless and not even the sky was the limit when it came to his vast amount of music. Not to mention, I constantly thought about all of these tracks that could have been used on his signature albums in the 1980s and how it would have influenced his career. 

It's impossible to talk about all of them in one post but for years I searched and dwelled upon projects such as Roadhouse Garden, Dream Factory and The Flesh. Along with unreleased songs that I could not believe were never released for whatever reason by Prince.

Our Destiny
    Turn It Up
    Possessed 
    Xtraloveable 
    Lust U Always
    Roadhouse Garden
    Electric Intercourse
    Adonis and Bathsheba
    Cosmic Day
    Do Yourself A Favor
    Train
    In A Large Room With No Light

While some of these were given to other artists or released in different forms, (Xtraloveable comes to mind) the released product was often watered down and lacked the raw spirit of the original track. This is why I believe it's essential that Susan Rogers go back in with Wendy & Lisa to go over these tracks because I believe individuals like these can deliver a good experience of what the intended product would be. 

It's something that I eagerly await in the coming years but also on a final note, what is the future of the Vandals?
    CKJ505

Re: What does the future hold?

Post by CKJ505 on Mon May 09, 2016 4:59 am

Good Question Ras, the future here is uncertain, I will always be around but I'm not sure how other members will be that active, maybe they will, maybe they won't. Hard to call it.

They way I see it, I am very happy with the music I have, Prince and non-Prince.

Music is Music, it is was brought me here.

From a personal view, it is none of my business on how Prince died. He died, well before his Time.
    Do I care how he died... no not really.

I cut the lawns yesterday and listened to the Sign "O" The Times Album. Normally, I hate cutting the grass, but with Prince with me in my head, The GrassCutter, me, seemed quite content chopping away the day.

I seen an interview where we are not fans, we are friends of Prince.

True that!  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    inwardjim

Post by inwardjim on Mon May 09, 2016 7:42 am

GrassCutter.  Nice.

I'm of two minds on this.  On one hand, I want to hear it all.  I want to see David Rivkin produce the pre-Purple Rain outtakes, Wendy & Lisa produce the Revolution era outtakes, Susan Rogers the late 80s, Kirk Johnson the NPG early tears, the TAFKAP era receive the Michael Jackson Xscape album treatment with various producers (if appropriate names come up), and everything since being retitled to Prince by ?uestlove.  However I'm sure the war over his estate will kill any chance of anything close to happening timely.

The there's the studio musician side of me that has heard titles like "Work That Fat" and knows they were never meant to be released and fears that studio fun will be taken for legitimate work by greedy people hungry to make a buck off of those who will pay for anything.  The studio guy in me appreciates "Work That Fat" and understands why "American In Paris" was never released, and have more of an academic interest in them.

If there's enough material, I'd like to see a best of what's left album from the pre-Revolution, the Revolution, the late 80s, NPG, O(+>, NPGMC era, Musicology - 20Ten era, and then the 3rdEyeGirl era
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Mon May 09, 2016 8:12 am

To me ,everybody, including he Revolution and fDeluxe, pale completely compared to Prince. And I'm really sad that this, and their tributes/posthumous collaborations is all we're left with ...

The vault will produce some beautiful material. Maybe only eventually. But it hurts to see Prince that way, and no longer the person who might totally and completely surprise you with some entirely new music, mad idea etc. ...

The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Mon May 09, 2016 9:26 am

To keep my comment short I totally again with JIM on the perfect setup for producers. But, I would think the easiest and quickiest of releases should be all those pro shot concert films stored in the vault.

The fight for Prince's assets hasn't begun, but it will and soon. This is what I'm worried about, numerous debts, taxes and now broken contracts are piling up. There is no will and as soon as the bank tallys up the value of P's holdings, a couple things may happen- Paisley will be sold off and the contents of the vault will be auctioned off, or P's siblings will hire someone to run the Park, and they may sign with a Record label and let the label throw stuff at the fans for the next 100 years. When I say 'stuff', I really mean 'junk' IE half baked 9 track releases running 30 minutes with no post prodction to improve sound quality, Oh Yeah they will cost you 19.95 per CD

lintromania

Post by lintromania on Tue May 10, 2016 4:21 am

Just like to mention that in my humble opinion the following tracks also deserve an official release.

100 MPH
    All Day, All Night
    All My Dreams
    A Place in Heaven
    High Fashion
    Make Believe
    Moonbeam Levels
    The Sex of It
    Witness

Some have been released by other artists but Prince's version is better....
    I guess each fan has their favourites Very Happy

Of course there are more... it's a start.

Last edited by lintromania on Tue May 10, 2016 4:56 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : deleted notes used while typing)
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri May 13, 2016 10:09 am

3 weeks... seems like yesterday....

Are we going to do something for June 7? he would have been 58.

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Fri May 13, 2016 1:39 pm

CKJ505 wrote:3 weeks... seems like yesterday....

I'm going to celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary on June 7th

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri May 13, 2016 6:28 pm

maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:3 weeks... seems like yesterday....

I'm going to celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary on June 7th

Well... we will celebrate that too! Nice!  sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:22 pm