Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

This can't be true ...

PaJoPs

This can't be true ...

Post by PaJoPs on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:31 pm

Several news sites reported less then an hour ago that Prince died at Paisley Park Studios.
    one2vibe

Re: This can't be true ...

Post by one2vibe on Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:42 pm

As I wake up today I was hoping I was dreaming, but the events of yesterday are indeed real, so forgive me if I go astray. Prince and his music introduced me and paved the way for my love of music. I have never heard a musician with such a diverse sound, spot on musicianship, and true love for the craft. Prince and music has inspired me in some way everyday of my life. From a little kid to now, I have always been an enormous Prince fan. There has never been a day that has gone by that I wasn’t listening to Prince. As many of my friends can confirm I would play Prince all the time to the point it would be annoying to some. I have been referred to as ‘Princeapedia’ because I knew everything it seemed about Prince. If a song came on the radio that he wrote and was sung by another artist I was quick to point it out to others. If I met someone that didn’t like Prince I would play even more Prince because I was determined to make sure you loved him, or liked him, or even just liked so much more then just his well know ‘Hits’. I have multiple copies off all his released material, and a vast number of unreleased materials. I am devastated and feel a bit of a void as I try to grasp the reality that my hero has moved on. I am honored that I got to see Prince in concert many many times even 6 times in one year mind you, and had front row to almost every show except 1 (but second row wasn’t that bad either). Prince is and always will be a big part of me and who I am; His music has literally been the soundtrack of my life. I feel like I lost a friend, In fact I did… He was my best friend in MUSIC. Purple Rain has always been my ‘go to’ Karaoke song. No matter what my mood, I had a prince track I could play that could uplift me or compliment that mood. Prince is the last of the true music legends, there will never be another like him, I am humbled by the fact that I got to enjoy this musical journey with him. I am forever saddened, as a feel a piece of me has been taken. The world will forever remember his genius, and his amazing talent and kaleidoscope of music. I DON’T MOURN BECAUSE I KNEW HIM, I MOURN BECAUSE HIS MUSIC HELPED ME KNOW MYSELF BETTER. The purple reign has come to an end, as Prince sang in his song ‘Sometimes it snows in April”… ‘all good things they say, never last’. With much respect and adoration RIP Prince music will never be the same. Forever we have the music. Nothing Compares 2 U
    theartistcamille

Post by theartistcamille on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:19 pm

I feel so empty and lost now...as if part of me died with him...I feel nothing now...
    PaJoPs

Post by PaJoPs on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Sometimes it snows in April
    Sometimes I feel so bad, so bad
    Sometimes I wish life was never ending
    And all good things, they say, never last

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 am