Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Oh no!!!

maxim9691

Re: Oh no!!!

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:47 pm

CKJ505 wrote:Tomorrow I will wake up without my mentor, life will carry on, but there is a pain in my heart right now that will take time to heal. It had to come sometime, but I do feel it was far too early for him to leave the stage.

"When he enters heaven, the angels will sing"
    Prince will think to himself... Hey? ... you could be better if you all changed down a key and varied the vocal arrangement...here, let me show you...  cheers

Heaven? I don't think so. Prince is gonna be jamming on Earth (with us) after the resurrection.
    Prince and the EMF All-Stars sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:12 pm

dplusoneaz70

Post by dplusoneaz70 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:52 pm

I hope he felt all the love that was given. Thank U Prince
    Raserisk

Post by Raserisk on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:44 pm

Hard to believe that as I was going to sleep, Prince had already taken his last breath. 

Wow, where to even begin. As an young adult born in the 90s, my experience with this musician didn't even begin until around 2005-2006 and as a young fan that was in awe of this individual and the art that he created, it was a experience that I'll never forget.

There was this period of time where I did nothing but listen to Prince music, every day for several years, even after exhausting all of his released work, I needed more and started searching for all of his unreleased music from the Vault and so forth, along the way I found amazing fan communities such as Prince.org and Entropy where I met many awesome people and it was a delight to talk to about why we were so passionate about his music.

In the last few years, even though my interest in Prince waned considerably after 2010, I never forgot about him or the influence that he had on my life. This is why I can't believe how hard it may be for some of you that have been fans for over 30 years and grew up with him throughout the decades, truly a one of a time star has fallen and I will never forget the man known as Prince Rogers Nelson.
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:47 am

Prince was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.
    We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.
    Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.
    Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.
    We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."
    We know authorities in Minnesota are trying to get the hospital records from Moline to help determine cause of death.
    We have made more than a dozen attempts to reach Prince's reps for comment, but they went radio silent.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:33 am

Raserisk wrote:Hard to believe that as I was going to sleep, Prince had already taken his last breath. 

Wow, where to even begin. As an young adult born in the 90s, my experience with this musician didn't even begin until around 2005-2006 and as a young fan that was in awe of this individual and the art that he created, it was a experience that I'll never forget.

There was this period of time where I did nothing but listen to Prince music, every day for several years, even after exhausting all of his released work, I needed more and started searching for all of his unreleased music from the Vault and so forth, along the way I found amazing fan communities such as Prince.org and Entropy where I met many awesome people and it was a delight to talk to about why we were so passionate about his music.

In the last few years, even though my interest in Prince waned considerably after 2010, I never forgot about him or the influence that he had on my life. This is why I can't believe how hard it may be for some of you that have been fans for over 30 years and grew up with him throughout the decades, truly a one of a time star has fallen and I will never forget the man known as Prince Rogers Nelson.

Raserisk - welcome back.  Hope you are well

It's like seeing an old friend at a funeral - nice to see but wish it was under different circumstances.

EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    one2vibe

Post by one2vibe on Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:45 pm

As I wake up today I was hoping I was dreaming, but the events of yesterday are indeed real, so forgive me if I go astray. Prince and his music introduced me and paved the way for my love of music. I have never heard a musician with such a diverse sound, spot on musicianship, and true love for the craft. Prince and music has inspired me in some way everyday of my life. From a little kid to now, I have always been an enormous Prince fan. There has never been a day that has gone by that I wasn’t listening to Prince. As many of my friends can confirm I would play Prince all the time to the point it would be annoying to some. I have been referred to as ‘Princeapedia’ because I knew everything it seemed about Prince. If a song came on the radio that he wrote and was sung by another artist I was quick to point it out to others. If I met someone that didn’t like Prince I would play even more Prince because I was determined to make sure you loved him, or liked him, or even just liked so much more then just his well know ‘Hits’. I have multiple copies off all his released material, and a vast number of unreleased materials. I am devastated and feel a bit of a void as I try to grasp the reality that my hero has moved on. I am honored that I got to see Prince in concert many many times even 6 times in one year mind you, and had front row to almost every show except 1 (but second row wasn’t that bad either). Prince is and always will be a big part of me and who I am; His music has literally been the soundtrack of my life. I feel like I lost a friend, In fact I did… He was my best friend in MUSIC. Purple Rain has always been my ‘go to’ Karaoke song. No matter what my mood, I had a prince track I could play that could uplift me or compliment that mood. Prince is the last of the true music legends, there will never be another like him, I am humbled by the fact that I got to enjoy this musical journey with him. I am forever saddened, as a feel a piece of me has been taken. The world will forever remember his genius, and his amazing talent and kaleidoscope of music. I DON’T MOURN BECAUSE I KNEW HIM, I MOURN BECAUSE HIS MUSIC HELPED ME KNOW MYSELF BETTER. The purple reign has come to an end, as Prince sang in his song ‘Sometimes it snows in April”… ‘all good things they say, never last’. With much respect and adoration RIP Prince music will never be the same. Forever we have the music. Nothing Compares 2 U
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Very nice for you to share your thoughts with us one2vibe. I pretty much feel the same, just wondering about the legacy of Prince's music, what will happen etc.... ?

The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    one2vibe

Post by one2vibe on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:43 pm

CKJ505 wrote:Very nice for you to share your thoughts with us one2vibe. I pretty much feel the same, just wondering about the legacy of Prince's music, what will happen etc.... ?

You know i worry about that as well.  Will we get to see the unreleased or will it just vanish?  I know that if in the future they do release stuff I hope they don't Hire no "hot named producer of the moment"  to do it.   I think It would be best to let them that know him best produce and package it  Like Wendy & Lisa,  or someone along those lines.   I also think WB  needs to be allowed to re issue his material ASAP.  And hopefully in the future  WB  will release his unreleased material, if his estate lets them.  I think WB would do him justice.  But  I know I'm ready to have a new prince album now.  I'm ready for the piano and microphone, and I'm ready for the HNR phase 3 and beyond.  Maybe we will get Roadhouse garden in the future with input from The revolution.      I just know   His legacy can't die.  I also hope they keep Paisley Park open to the public and maybe a museum for prince   kinda like graceland for elvis.  IDK  what's your thoughts on it all?
    Brickscratch

Post by Brickscratch on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:46 am

Very honest & heartfelt thoughts one2vibe,
     i don't even want to think about the business legacy just yet but am certain the music will be in safe hands, he will have made plans for the vault & whatever WB choose (or are allowed to do) with his published catalogue will be a debate for years to come too.

I'm currently just hoping that the autopsy & investigations don't impinge too greatly on his spiritual & religious beliefs.
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:02 am

Brickscratch wrote:

I'm currently just hoping that the autopsy & investigations don't impinge too greatly on his spiritual & religious beliefs.

clap

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:51 pm

The Aftershock... how is everyone doing? I have that purple pain in my heart.

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:57 pm

CKJ505 wrote:The Aftershock... how is everyone doing? I have that purple pain in my heart.

Haven't been able to listen to any Purple Music since the 21st (not counting what's on TV)

levangel

Post by levangel on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:19 pm

i feel horrible...on and off crying...i can't believe this is real but it is :(...nothing for me will ever feel the same
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:26 pm

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The latest on the death of music superstar Prince (all times local):

6 p.m.

Prince's publicist says the music superstar has been cremated and celebrated in a private ceremony by a small group of family, friends and musicians.

Yvette Noel-Schure said in a statement Saturday that Prince's remains have been cremated and their "final storage" will be private.

The 57-year-old singer died Thursday at his Paisley Park compound in suburban Minneapolis. An autopsy was done Friday but no cause has been announced.

The publicist's statement said the cause of death remains unknown. It said it will be at least four weeks before results are released.

___

5:40 p.m.

Family and former bandmates of superstar Prince are arriving at the late musician's estate in suburban Minneapolis.

Percussionist Sheila E. and bassist Larry Graham have both been spotted at Paisley Park, his studio compound in Chanhassen. Prince's sister Tyka Nelson and brother-in-law Maurice Nelson have also been seen on the grounds.

Thousands of fans have been flocking to Paisley Park and other sites made famous by Prince since he was found dead Thursday morning. They've been leaving flowers, balloons, guitars and even pancakes in his memory.

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Cremated.. o my... no burial... i am stunned. 

Again... in shock... does not feel right for his body to be burned... 

More Aftershocks!!!

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Brickscratch

Post by Brickscratch on Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Downtown Minneapolis on the night Prince passed,
     candles, tears, flowers, singing & playing outside First Avenue...

kuruptj

Post by kuruptj on Sat May 28, 2016 11:17 am

So how is everyone doing now?  It's been a month & 7 days now.  I'm still mourning & still wishing this was some long crazy dream.  It is awesome that people are posting so many videos and stuff of Prince throughout the years because there is stuff I haven't seen or forgot about.   I still haven't been able to listen to the last two shows in Atlanta yet because....I don't know.  I was supposed to go to one of them but I had a lot going on at work at the time.  Now I wish I would have just went like I always do. :-(  Anyway I just wanted to see how everyone is doing now.
    PurpleDutch

Post by PurpleDutch on Sat May 28, 2016 11:29 pm

I still can't believe it that our Prince is gone. No more concerts...Prince was (is) a big part of my life..
    We miss you Prince.
    kayjay2000

Post by kayjay2000 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:51 am

Peace & Love 2 my fellow followers here @ entropy, still have not fully recovered from never getting 2 see him again perform.

I am sure he is partying like it's 1999 in heaven, darn it must be funky up there now!

No other human being has inspired me as much as The Royal Badness.  He will be with me Forever In My Life.

Thank u!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:51 am