Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Recent Watch List Favorites

maxim9691

Recent Watch List Favorites

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:32 pm

Creed [5 stars]- great stand alone Rocky movie, that is not really a Rocky movie
    Brooklyn [3 stars]- a girls movie, story is OK
    Inside Out [5 stars]- Kids loved it. My favorite part was when a lovable character in the movie appears to meet his end, all the little kids cried in the theater (HaHa) I've got to stay entertained somehow!
    Ride Along 2 [4 stars]- funny movie and is cleaner than you would think.
    Spectre [2 stars]- a 007 let down. This time around the Secret Agent Makers should have kept this installment secret as well.
    The Intern [4 stars]- a clean, simple and laid back movie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    CKJ505

Re: Recent Watch List Favorites

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:23 am

I seen ...Spectre    .... , not bad, watchable , left nothing much of worth in my memory.
    Opening sequence was pretty good, slick panning camera.... that's about it!

The Revenant ... director Alejandro González Iñárritu, does a fantastic job directing showing the harshest of weather to give the viewer a feeling of despair and hardship at the far reaches of humanity. 
    DiCaprio portrays the victim amazingly with the aid of make-up etc.., he has gone up in my estimation as being one of the best actors of our time.  Tom Hardy also in the film is quite brilliant as is up there with Leonardo. A memorable movie that is well worth a watch, would I watch it again.. yes sir!  Movie night

The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:55 am

CKJ505 wrote:
    The Revenant ... director Alejandro González Iñárritu, does a fantastic job directing showing the harshest of weather to give the viewer a feeling of despair and hardship at the far reaches of humanity. 
    DiCaprio portrays the victim amazingly with the aid of make-up etc.., he has gone up in my estimation as being one of the best actors of our time.  Tom Hardy also in the film is quite brilliant as is up there with Leonardo. A memorable movie that is well worth a watch, would I watch it again.. yes sir!  Movie night

I did watch that but I'm not a fan of bloody movies so it just didn't do much for me. There was a lot of hype for the bear scene, but I didn't feel that.
    When I watch a movie I want to be awed or pleased, or both at the same time.

The Revenant did make me think of better movies in the same genre, like jeremiah johnson, Never Cry Wolf or even Last Of The Dogmen. Now those 3 I could watch any day.

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:43 am

Noted! thanks for the those 3, I will go "hunting" for them now...  cool3

The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    Brickscratch

Post by Brickscratch on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:15 am

Gotham series one, Rise Of The Villains surprised a sceptical Brickscratch, I'm not an avid comics or DC fan but I was expecting to be left picking holes in this prequel.
     Series 2, Wrath Of The Villains has recently concluded (here in the UK) and I'm already anticipating the third series. 
    Great character building, fast paced scripts & excellent casting. 
    They couldn't have found a better young catwoman in Camren Bicondova if they'd time-travelled back & kidnapped Michelle Pfeiffer.
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:47 am

Jungle Book &
    Allegiant for Movies

Deadliest Catch current season
    Top Gear season 23
    Us Top Gear season 8
    Fraser (Binge watching)
    That 70's Show for TV shows

rocman

Post by rocman on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Brickscratch wrote:

Gotham series one, Rise Of The Villains surprised a sceptical Brickscratch, I'm not an avid comics or DC fan but I was expecting to be left picking holes in this prequel.
     Series 2, Wrath Of The Villains has recently concluded (here in the UK) and I'm already anticipating the third series. 
    Great character building, fast paced scripts & excellent casting. 
    They couldn't have found a better young catwoman in Camren Bicondova if they'd time-travelled back & kidnapped Michelle Pfeiffer.

Great pick I didn't think I'd like this series either and now it's my favorite. I thought Cory Michael Smith who plays the Riddler is doing a really good job as well as Camren.
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 am

[Ing][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Recently watched this on Netflix....yes my net speed has increased.
    Weird mixture of Westwing and 24 with Kiefer Sutherland not been the bang, bang guy.

Overall an enjoyable but ridiculous bit of TV with the implosion of America at its heart.

I watched and halfway through it and ideas popped into my head but hasn't left....I actually think Keifer"s character is behind the whole thing.

This theory hasn't been mentioned on any of the boards I visit but if you watch the show with this in mind some of the plot holes close.

Await season 2 to see if I'm right or if any more plot holes can be explained by this.

Overall enjoyable escapism 6/10
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:54 am

Jfrost wrote:[Ing][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Recently watched this on Netflix....yes my net speed has increased.
    Weird mixture of Westwing and 24 with Kiefer Sutherland not been the bang, bang guy.

Overall an enjoyable but ridiculous bit of TV with the implosion of America at its heart.

I watched and halfway through it and ideas popped into my head but hasn't left....I actually think Keifer"s character is behind the whole thing.

This theory hasn't been mentioned on any of the boards I visit but if you watch the show with this in mind some of the plot holes close.

Await season 2 to see if I'm right or if any more plot holes can be explained by this.

Overall enjoyable escapism 6/10
    I have been watching this too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:28 pm