What Album are you feeling today ??

maxim9691

What Album are you feeling today ??

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:18 pm

For me it's NOTORIOUS by DURAN DURAN
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really wore the cassette out back in 86/87
    Even today it sound fresh, maybe because it's been so long since I've gave it a spin.
    Notorious and The Wedding album are probably my favorite D.D. albums

Last edited by maxim9691 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

pebroshawn

Re: What Album are you feeling today ??

Post by pebroshawn on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:09 pm

If I look back in my collection, Stevie Wonder's "Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants", & The Rolling Stone's "Sticky Fingers" has been on my iPad & on repeat.
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:22 am

Eric Leeds and Mr.Nelson's "THE FLESH ALBUM"!

I have it ready on play when I ever get a chance to listen to it! 

Thanks to Maceo & Co. for the Mega 1986 Boxset, I found it in one of the boxes, folder 2-4

Info : The Flesh is an unreleased album by The Flesh (essentially made up of Prince and Eric Leeds, as a precursor to Madhouse, with other musicians on three of the four tracks), recorded in two sessions, on 26 December, 1985 and 5 January, 1986. The album was compiled on 22 January, 1986, but was abandoned when Under The Cherry Moon and other projects demanded Prince's full attention.

The tracks included were all jazz-funk instrumentals, and were mostly improvised during the sessions. Eric Leeds was featured prominently, and the plan was to not include mention of Prince's input when the album was planned for release (as was the case with the later Madhouse albums).

Recording process

A Couple Of Miles was recorded on 26 December, 1985.

Junk Music, Up From Below and Y'All Want Some More? were recorded on 5 January, 1986, during a seven-hour session that was known by bandmembers as the "Everybody's Jam" session (which also included Groove In C Minor, Slow Groove In G Major and Groove In G Flat Minor, which may have also been considered for the project).

It is likely that tracks from the so-called "Paisley Jam" session on 28 December, 1985, which was similarly-improvised and focused on instrumental jazz-funk, may have also been considered for the project; these tracks were High Calonic, Slaughterhouse, U Just Can't Stop, Run Amok, Mobile, Madrid, Breathless and 12 Keys.

U Gotta Shake Something and Voodoo Who (cover version of Villanova Junction by Jimi Hendrix) were recorded on 30 December, 1985 (the same day Eric Leeds added overdubs to A Couple Of Miles and that Most Strongest Whiskey and were recorded) 

None of the tracks from the album have been released, although 30 seconds of Junk Music can be heard in Under The Cherry Moon, in the scene where Christopher Tracy races against Mary Sharon on the horse race track.

Track listing
    LP

Side 1: 

Junk Music 

Side 2: 

Up From Below
        Y'All Want Some More?
        A Couple Of Miles 

Bonus Track #1 - High Calonic 
    Bonus Track #2 - Voodoo Who 
    Bonus Track #3 - U Gotta Shake Something 

All songs written by Prince (assumed) 

Personnel
    Musicians

Prince - drums on Junk Music, Up From Below and Y'All Want Some More?, all instruments, except where noted, on A Couple Of Miles, U Gotta Shake Something, High Calonic and Voodoo Who
        Eric Leeds - saxophone
        Sheila E. - percussion on Junk Music, Up From Below and Y'All Want Some More?; drums on U Gotta Shake Something, High Calonic and Voodoo Who
        Jonathan Melvoin - percussion on Junk Music, Up From Below and Y'All Want Some More?
        Lisa Coleman - piano on Junk Music, Up From Below and Y'All Want Some More?
        Wendy Melvoin - guitar on Junk Music, Up From Below and Y'All Want Some More?
        Levi Seacer, Jr. - bass guitar on Junk Music, Up From Below Y'All Want Some More?, U Gotta Shake Something, High Calonic and Voodoo Who

dj
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:15 pm

For me today

In the Shape of a Heart is classic Jackson Browne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm