Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Maceo Musicology Webcast #38 - Nu School II

Mace2theO

Maceo Musicology Webcast #38 - Nu School II

Post by Mace2theO on Thu May 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Maceo Musicology Webcast #38
    Nu School II

These are some more Nu School grooves I've been listening to.  Jams from new artists I've discovered, new music from artists I've shared before and the latest music from some old friends - all here for your listening pleasure.

Enjoy!
    http://www.mediafire.com/"censored"/c4cjvyj4bmqgip8/Maceo_Musicology_Webcast_%2338.rar

sunny

Last edited by Mace2theO on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    maxim9691

Re: Maceo Musicology Webcast #38 - Nu School II

Post by maxim9691 on Thu May 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Janelle is an odd duck, but I sure wouldn't want to have a table dance-off with her prison

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Fri May 24, 2013 3:06 pm

A vid for another track featured on the webcast - Band of Skulls with "Death by Diamonds and Pearls"....the feeling you get when you work on too many Purple projects

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Fri May 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Mace2theO wrote:....Band of Skulls with "Death by Diamonds and Pearls"....the feeling you get when you work on too many Purple projects

rofl rofl give up

purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Sat May 25, 2013 3:38 am

This will get me through the Bank Holiday Monday working.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Some I've already been turned on to:-
    Allen Stone, Band Of Skulls, The Weeknd,Jaelle, Beverley but new bands...new music.. all with Maceo's fonk stamp of approval ..
    sunny

peace and love vibes all around...
    sunny sunny sunny

And it's kicked me to start the long promised Purpleblues podcast machine, clear out it's pipes and give it a spin around the vinyl vault..
    So, It won't be up to Maceo's standards, the links will be garbled and incoherent and the music eclectic..in fact a purrfect podcast for all those imaginary listeners out there...

scared blues bros
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Wed May 29, 2013 7:20 am

Been playing this this morning on the way to work (this was first in the queue, before Emancipation (which it is hot on the heels of, evidently! or is it the other way around - help, I'm lost in language), and got to No 8 so far!

This is certainly a bullet-headed missive from plant Funkrockbluespop! Waw, right from the new intro-tune, Maceo has his electric guitar strapped on, with one foot firmly on the distortion pedal, and the other stomping an irresistible rhythm.

Without going into details, this is a massive roller coaster of roaring guitars, ringing drumkits, growling basses and power.

'Tell The Lie' and 'Young Lady' stand out so far. Band Of Skulls REALLY jumped into the shoes of the White Stripes. Allen Stone - I liked him best when he let the song rip. And to add something to the mix, I think I heard some Stevie Wonder in his singing too, right after the loud bit, in the adlibbing. And Invader is almost too much (but Maxim will like that one I think).

The rest is for tonight! Cool
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Wed May 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:Been playing this this morning on the way to work (this was first in the queue, before Emancipation (which it is hot on the heels of, evidently! or is it the other way around - help, I'm lost in language), and got to No 8 so far!

This is certainly a bullet-headed missive from plant Funkrockbluespop! Waw, right from the new intro-tune, Maceo has his electric guitar strapped on, with one foot firmly on the distortion pedal, and the other stomping an irresistible rhythm.

Without going into details, this is a massive roller coaster of roaring guitars, ringing drumkits, growling basses and power.

'Tell The Lie' and 'Young Lady' stand out so far. Band Of Skulls REALLY jumped into the shoes of the White Stripes. Allen Stone - I liked him best when he let the song rip. And to add something to the mix, I think I heard some Stevie Wonder in his singing too, right after the loud bit, in the adlibbing. And Invader is almost too much (but Maxim will like that one I think).

The rest is for tonight!

Thank you Y

Just that folks listen the webcast is great and the whole point....but I do look forward to Y's "time-it-takes-to-get-to-work" headphone reviews!!!

Allen Stone is indeed best when he rips it! On "Unaware" he doesn't rip on the studio album version which was disappointing so I used the 'living room video' version

Glad you liked the Bellrays - they've been around for a while and I was listening to their latest album which made me go back and discover that little gem on an older album.

"a massive roller coaster of roaring guitars, ringing drumkits, growling basses and power" - Love it!
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 pm

So how long does it take Y to get to work ?

I know for me it takes about 20 minutes to get home, which is my webcast listening time.

Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 am

Between 20 and 30 minutes - depending on how steep the hill is that day Laughing

And listened to the rest yesterday! Sexy Sadie was a bit of a disappointment. Not the Beatles song (but I can live with that ha!) but also not much of a song.
    Earphunk was very enjoyable, but the biggest surprise was the Beverley Knight - a familiar name, but I never really listened to her. Started as a fairly traditional, but very well sung song. Then it moved into an extended coda - really a song in its own right - and that was AMAZING! Not just that melody, but the organ playing and best of all an awesome vocal. That's one I'll listen to again!!
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu May 30, 2013 4:14 am

Something for the weekend.

Report on your desk on Tuesday.

Beverley Knight, my top 5 female singers of all time! Great choice.

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Thu May 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:Between 20 and 30 minutes - depending on how steep the hill is that day

And listened to the rest yesterday! Sexy Sadie was a bit of a disappointment. Not the Beatles song (but I can live with that ha!) but also not much of a song.
    Earphunk was very enjoyable, but the biggest surprise was the Beverley Knight - a familiar name, but I never really listened to her. Started as a fairly traditional, but very well sung song. Then it moved into an extended coda - really a song in its own right - and that was AMAZING! Not just that melody, but the organ playing and best of all an awesome vocal. That's one I'll listen to again!!

I was going to say 30 mins as you always get halfway through the webcast on the first listen

Glad you enjoyed Beverley. It's a cover of a Lewis Taylor song and the arrangement is pretty faithful to the original, but she kills it with her vocals - makes that coda her own!
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 am

You fooled us! It's not 'Sexy Sadie'! It's 'Beautiful Sadie'!! tongue

Listened to the Beverly Knight song again - and still loved that coda very much! It goes HIGH and it's a magical melody. It really is a special moment!
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Fri May 31, 2013 7:32 am

Ymaginatif wrote:You fooled us! It's not 'Sexy Sadie'! It's 'Beautiful Sadie'!!

Listened to the Beverly Knight song again - and still loved that coda very much! It goes HIGH and it's a magical melody. It really is a special moment!

..must of had Beatles on my mind..
    Silver-Tongue

Post by Silver-Tongue on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Just dropped this, will have a good read tomorrow but so far you dragged me in with Allen Stone, which I have played 3 times already. :sunny:this is some funky stuff afro

rvanappe

Post by rvanappe on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:15 am

always open to new music or new intepretations
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:26 pm

rvanappe wrote:always open to new music or new intepretations

Hope you like it:D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content