The Collaborative Xperience #2
    Maceo & SilverTongue
    Small Club Jams

EntropyMC, Purple House 2.0 and EMF Radio and  are pleased to bring you
    another Collaborative Xperience webcast, this time featuring the music
    of purple Small Club Jams.  Enjoy this purple ride of extended jams,
    rarely performed tracks and alternative arrangements featuring Mace2theO
    and SilverTongue.

Inspired by 1) being sick of Welcome to Where-ever-I-am Tour stuff and 2) the ONA aftershow webcast by Maxim, which features the elongated jams, rarely performed songs and/or different arrangements that make small club shows.

NPG Vandals "Greenville Avenue" was one of the sources for jams used

Maceo Musicology Webcast #36 (The Collaborative Xperience #2- Small Club Jams) by Mace2theo on Mixcloud

https://mega.nz/#!fosj1SqD!fNtmwAWMa0GHZrYatjeauuyDmwt_6iof5DRIt9FNhoc

Enjoy Cool

Last edited by Mace2theO on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Silver-Tongue

Re: The Collaborative Xperience #2 - Small Club Jams

Post by Silver-Tongue on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:14 pm

This is a really great show Maceo has done a fantastic job Very Happy

fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 am

....I got an errormessage.....
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:11 am

same here :(

Looks awesome again!
    Silver-Tongue

Post by Silver-Tongue on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am

Here is a new link

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9a6z55mk2ej61mm

thanks guys for letting us know ;-)

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Silver-Tongue wrote:Here is a new link

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9a6z55mk2ej61mm

thanks guys for letting us know ;-)

Thanks ST - proper link now added to original post

My bad! Sorry fellas! Embarassed
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:49 am

Now the link works.
    Must listen if the music does the same
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:28 am

I will catch this weekend, looks like a special show...

Wonderful mix of songs put together...some unusual [which is great]!

I'm slowly becoming scoop ish...
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:43 pm

Finally got this in the pressure cooker - there should be smoke rising from this in 55 minutes.

sunny
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Aha! I started listening to this one on the ipod (which isn't an ipod) home.
    Of course not with those tinny ear-bud pieces that sound utter rubbish that apple provides, but with a decent sized headphone set (that has been keeping my ears warm over winter). I may have looked slightly ridiculous, but when Maceo tells you to listen to the bass, I wanna hear the bass! Or when Prince calls out for the 'Minneapolis rumble', I want to feel it rumbling Laughing

About 30 mnutes in, and it's smoking hot indeed! Some beautiful surprises, especially to find out about the exciting songs Prince has been playing in recent years!

Around The World - turn up that synth! And turn up they do! Some deliciously sliding and snarling synth riff and excellent latin piano solo-ing! Great singing on this too!

Elephants and Flowers - not my favorite song in general, but a joy to listen to hear. That guitar riff, though very repetitive, has its full effect here!

I Like It There - both rocking and humerous! He's having so much fun here.

Then jump back into time, to the legendary Trojan Horse aftershow with DMSR --- I loved that CD back in the day. Way way less tight than the more recent songs. But great vocals and backing vocals on this one!

And then I walked into the door, and I was home ...

More to follow tomorrow! Joy!
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:53 am

Got half of it this morning on the way to work, the sound is fantastic, top marks for quality.

I really like, "I like it there" , great jam , best version by far.

The "Daisy Chain", a very extended version, but quite new to me, super bass playing from the little pea, will take another listen to this version at home where the bass is better than the system in my wheels.
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback fellas - looking forward to somebody listening to the 2nd half Laughing

Really pleased that folks are enjoying the vibe as worked hard to make it interesting to our core audience - the fan who has everything but no time to listen to all Very Happy

the extended "I like It there" is fun and funky and you can tell P was having fun - love his reaction at the end
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:16 am

Part II...

Fantastic version of 'Bambi' here with a smooth slowed down section with tight audience interaction. Liked that one.

For sure the best time to hear a song is when a song is en vogue, this certainly shows with SexyMF, really a great version here, and very funky, top quality recording too as most of the 93' shows were sub par to say the least. A nice surprise too as this song rarely pops up at Entropy due to Parental Advisory contraints...

Xenophobia, still today the onenite era stands out and this track is a little gem, the crowd are as good as the performers here making the song practically a new track. I really like this one.

Maui - a pumped up fast paced version of 'All the Critics Love You in..." , one of the better versions, again the audience are enjoying this as is CK.

I like the touch of humour at the end where ST throws in out-take, not really sure what was mis-said but funny nontheless.

Overall CK rating 10/10 - a really good listen.

I hope more take to give this a spin, you will not regret it.

BTW...DMSR still amazes CK...
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:56 pm

CKJ505 wrote:Part II...

Fantastic version of 'Bambi' here with a smooth slowed down section with tight audience interaction. Liked that one.

For sure the best time to hear a song is when a song is en vogue, this certainly shows with SexyMF, really a great version here, and very funky, top quality recording too as most of the 93' shows were sub par to say the least. A nice surprise too as this song rarely pops up at Entropy due to Parental Advisory contraints...

Xenophobia, still today the onenite era stands out and this track is a little gem, the crowd are as good as the performers here making the song practically a new track. I really like this one.

Maui - a pumped up fast paced version of 'All the Critics Love You in..." , one of the better versions, again the audience are enjoying this as is CK.

I like the touch of humour at the end where ST throws in out-take, not really sure what was mis-said but funny nontheless.

cool2 cool2 cool2

Thanks CK - so very nice of you to take the time to listen and share such a detailed review. cheers

10/10 - I may have to quit and retire while I'm ahead as can never top that! sunny
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Mace2theO wrote:

cool2 cool2 cool2

Thanks CK - so very nice of you to take the time to listen and share such a detailed review. cheers

10/10 - I may have to quit and retire while I'm ahead as can never top that! sunny

The pleasure was mine, brilliant! ! ! !
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Mace2theO wrote:

cool2 cool2 cool2

Silver-Tongue

Post by Silver-Tongue on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:20 pm

CKJ505 wrote:
    Mace2theO wrote:

cool2 cool2 cool2

10/10 is awesome CK thanks for taking the time to write a genuine review !!!! I hope others enjoyed it as much and going off the ticket sales it looks good

Cool cheers

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:Aha! I started listening to this one on the ipod (which isn't an ipod) home.
    Of course not with those tinny ear-bud pieces that sound utter rubbish that apple provides, but with a decent sized headphone set (that has been keeping my ears warm over winter). I may have looked slightly ridiculous, but when Maceo tells you to listen to the bass, I wanna hear the bass! Or when Prince calls out for the 'Minneapolis rumble', I want to feel it rumbling Laughing

About 30 mnutes in, and it's smoking hot indeed! Some beautiful surprises, especially to find out about the exciting songs Prince has been playing in recent years!

Around The World - turn up that synth! And turn up they do! Some deliciously sliding and snarling synth riff and excellent latin piano solo-ing! Great singing on this too!

Elephants and Flowers - not my favorite song in general, but a joy to listen to hear. That guitar riff, though very repetitive, has its full effect here!

I Like It There - both rocking and humerous! He's having so much fun here.

Then jump back into time, to the legendary Trojan Horse aftershow with DMSR --- I loved that CD back in the day. Way way less tight than the more recent songs. But great vocals and backing vocals on this one!

And then I walked into the door, and I was home ...

More to follow tomorrow! Joy!

Guess we'll have to wait until Y returns to work for Part II Laughing

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:02 pm

2016 bump with new library card
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:12 pm

I really hope the purple massive get to dig this!

It's one of my faves! give me fave!  Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:35 pm