Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Ladytron

maxim9691

Ladytron

Post by maxim9691 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:10 am

Ladytron are an English electronic band formed in Liverpool in 1999.[1] The group consists of Helen Marnie (lead vocals, synthesizers), Mira Aroyo (vocals, synthesizers), Daniel Hunt (synthesizers, guitar, vocals) and Reuben Wu (synthesizers).[2]

Their sound blends electropop with New Wave and shoegazing elements. Ladytron described their sound as "electronic pop".[3] Some of the group's songs performed by Aroyo contain lyrics written in her native Bulgarian.

They have released five studio albums so far: 604 (2001), Light & Magic (2002), Witching Hour (2005), Velocifero (2008) and Gravity the Seducer (2011). The compilation Best of 00–10 was issued in 2011.

Ladytron have produced remixes for many artists, including David Gahan, Goldfrapp, Apoptygma Berzerk, Placebo, Blondie, Gang of Four, Christina Aguilera, Bloc Party, Kings of Convenience, Indochine, She Wants Revenge, Simian, Nine Inch Nails, SONOIO and Soulwax.

Their name was taken from the song "Ladytron" by Roxy Music.[4] According to Brian Eno, once a member of Roxy Music, Ladytron are "the best of English pop music"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Raserisk

Re: Ladytron

Post by Raserisk on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:08 pm

I would like to add Ladytron to my channel however I must be very meticulous of my planning due to the grip being held on Youtube (Google) by The Powers That Be.

Essentially, after the past month I see now that the Youtube of 2012 no longer resembles anything of the past that I enjoyed. I (My Channel) am living on borrowed time, and have seen many genuine and good people on Youtube be terminated due to tyrannical competitors wanting full profit on their channels and establishing a monopoly.

It seems to be only a matter of time, so I will enjoy what I have for now. I enjoy the music here, both created and shared.

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:35 pm