Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers


    [FREE] Portable Apps

    Share
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9772
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Robo Hipster

    [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by maxim9691 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 am

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    Now carry your computer in your pocked (usb drive) or store it on a cloud server.
    Portable Apps provides free apps that run various programs from a USB Flash Drvie while plugged into your computer.
    The whole purpose is to be able to take everything with you and use it on a another computer simply by plugging in your USB Drive.

    Idea



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 39
    Location : Germany

    Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by fkkScoop on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:40 am

    Yeah cool...
    But hey, didn´t know if u know that the company
    SanDisc invented in 2004 the U3 SmartDrive...almost the same in a USB - Stick!

    But like the link...maybe I will check and try it!
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9772
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Robo Hipster

    Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by maxim9691 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 am

    fkkScoop wrote:Yeah cool...
    But hey, didn´t know if u know that the company
    SanDisc invented in 2004 the U3 SmartDrive...almost the same in a USB - Stick!

    But like the link...maybe I will check and try it!

    Yep , had one of those - didn't work very fast and didn't support flash applications.

    I use protableapps at work everyday because I can carry it as a portable browser using google chrome.
    This allows me to save passwords and links that my co-workers cannot read once I've went home for the day.
    Plus it's nice to have some useful utilities on it that can be taken with me.



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    kezako

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2010-10-09

    Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by kezako on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:17 pm

    I like portable apps too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Another good link for free portable apps :
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5500
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 46
    Location : Ireland

    Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by CKJ505 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:22 am

    maxim9691 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:Yeah cool...
    But hey, didn´t know if u know that the company
    SanDisc invented in 2004 the U3 SmartDrive...almost the same in a USB - Stick!

    But like the link...maybe I will check and try it!

    Yep , had one of those - didn't work very fast and didn't support flash applications.

    I use protableapps at work everyday because I can carry it as a portable browser using google chrome.
    This allows me to save passwords and links that my co-workers cannot read once I've went home for the day.
    Plus it's nice to have some useful utilities on it that can be taken with me.

    Sounds handy MaXim, what size USB would a user require? Idea
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9772
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Robo Hipster

    Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by maxim9691 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:34 am

    CKJ505 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:Yeah cool...
    But hey, didn´t know if u know that the company
    SanDisc invented in 2004 the U3 SmartDrive...almost the same in a USB - Stick!

    But like the link...maybe I will check and try it!

    Yep , had one of those - didn't work very fast and didn't support flash applications.

    I use protableapps at work everyday because I can carry it as a portable browser using google chrome.
    This allows me to save passwords and links that my co-workers cannot read once I've went home for the day.
    Plus it's nice to have some useful utilities on it that can be taken with me.

    Sounds handy MaXim, what size USB would a user require? Idea

    I fit all of the apps that I need on a 4GB drive which is also very cheap to come by and I have space left to save documents.
    The nice thing about having a portable browser on the drive is of course your own bookmarks.
    Also portable apps never save any personal information on the computer that you are using making it a nice security option.
    Also when you open a browser from the USB drive you can then eject the drive and the browser continues to work until you close it.




    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5500
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 46
    Location : Ireland

    Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by CKJ505 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 am

    maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:Yeah cool...
    But hey, didn´t know if u know that the company
    SanDisc invented in 2004 the U3 SmartDrive...almost the same in a USB - Stick!

    But like the link...maybe I will check and try it!

    Yep , had one of those - didn't work very fast and didn't support flash applications.

    I use protableapps at work everyday because I can carry it as a portable browser using google chrome.
    This allows me to save passwords and links that my co-workers cannot read once I've went home for the day.
    Plus it's nice to have some useful utilities on it that can be taken with me.

    Sounds handy MaXim, what size USB would a user require? Idea

    I fit all of the apps that I need on a 4GB drive which is also very cheap to come by and I have space left to save documents.
    The nice thing about having a portable browser on the drive is of course your own bookmarks.
    Also portable apps never save any personal information on the computer that you are using making it a nice security option.
    Also when you open a browser from the USB drive you can then eject the drive and the browser continues to work until you close it.


    Thanks for the info, off to the ye olde shoppe I will go. Tmill

    Me thinks this will come in very handy indeed.
    avatar
    kramor2k

    Posts : 245
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Age : 47
    Location : Meath, Ireland

    Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by kramor2k on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:32 pm

    Very handy site full of lots of great apps. It's like a one stop shop for stuff I need to carry around to the brothers house when he has a problem.

    Pendrive being loaded as I type.

    Thanks Max.
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9772
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Robo Hipster

    Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by maxim9691 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:37 pm

    I guess I should add that you can also add other apps that don't require your computer's registry to run, given they are the right size to fit on your USB Drive.

    Just create a folder and place it with the other Portableapps programs and the main loader app will find it and add it to the list.
    Also all of the major browsers offer a portable version, just select the drives folder when installing.




    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Sponsored content

    Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:33 pm