Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Sinéad O’Connor – Nothing Compares 2 U (2011 live)

Mace2theO

Sinéad O’Connor – Nothing Compares 2 U (2011 live)

Post by Mace2theO on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:51 pm

…and just when I had finally gotten used to P singing it, I come across this to remind me that Sinéad owned it then and can still kill it.

She performed on November 27th 2011 at Mencap’s Little Noise Sessions which this year was held at St.John-at-Hackney in London

EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    maxim9691

Re: Sinéad O’Connor – Nothing Compares 2 U (2011 live)

Post by maxim9691 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Sinéad is starting to look kinda rough Embarassed

Anyway I've always believed that PrInce didn't realize how good a song he had until Sinéad's version came out.
    When I heard her version I didn't even recognize it and had to go back and relisten to The Family's version.
    I remember seeing the video first and kept thinking , this sounds so much like a PrInce song.
    Originally when I got "The Family" Album, I listened to it once and cast it aside. After Sinéad's version was all over the airwaves I then went back and gave it another go and eventually fell in love with the record.

I used to ask myself "if Sinéad's version had not been a hit would I have noticed how great that song was?"

Last edited by maxim9691 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:56 pm

maxim9691 wrote:Sinéad is starting to look kinda rough Embarassed

Anyway I've always believed that PrInce didn't realize how good a song he had until Sinéad's version came out.
    When I heard her version I didn't even recognize it and had to go back and relisten to The Family's version.
    I remember seeing the video first and kept thinking , this sounds so much like a PrInce song.
    Originally when I got "The Family" Album, I listened to it once and cast it aside. After Sinéad's version was all over the airwaves I then went back and gave it another go and eventually fell in love with the record.

I used to ask myself "if Sinéad's version had not been a hit would I have noticed how great that song was?"

Very true...the first time I heard the song on the radio in Ireland, I thought there was something very different about the make-up of the song and sure the DJ gladly imparted that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] wrote the song.

I had to laugh and laughed in a " I know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] is that good, sort of way" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] even thanked her at the Malahide Concert which was quite nice but a bit in a "sound bite-ish" sort of way to keep the Irish fans happy which he knew they would lap up but we knew that it was what we wanted to hear.

One question raised is:
    Was Sinead O'Connor's version of " Nothing Compares 2 U" better than The Family's version which as we all know that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] did pen.

I could jabber on but [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Maxim is spot on, as they say.

Sinead's version is the best. The key was that her producer added that big drum and simplified Clare's string arrangement...that and a better voice made listening to Paul/The Family version a bit silly.

Kiss and NC2U are two great songs that even P didn't recognise until after somebody else brought it to life

EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:33 pm