Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Bugatti Veyron vs McLaren F1

CKJ505

Bugatti Veyron vs McLaren F1

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Take a one-mile stretch of road in Abu-Dhabi and the two fastest
    road-cars in the world and what do you get?

The ultimate drag race is
    the answer as Richard Hammond in a Bugatti Veyron
    takes on the Stig in
    a McLaren F1.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    maxim9691

Re: Bugatti Veyron vs McLaren F1

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Looks like the F1 has more Torque , which also means that it could be turned to put out more HP

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:28 pm

They should have raced a Shelby Ultimate Aero, which is the 2nd fastest car at the moment ,versus the Veyron- the F1 is #4.

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:51 pm

maxim9691 wrote:They should have raced a Shelby Ultimate Aero, which is the 2nd fastest car at the moment ,versus the Veyron- the F1 is #4.

I am sure the 'Gear Heads' have thought about putting the two up against each other.

What a race that would be. Probably will happen if you email them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know the McClaren F1 is no. 4 but it is one fine piece of "Sub-Zero" engineering.

I seen one once, I ran for a while [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I got the wonderful scent of exhausted fuel. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Maybe they will race the new Shelby, which Shelby claims will be fastest production car.
    Of course they will claim that since no one is gonna say they want to be #2 Very Happy

This also begs the question of what is fast enough ?!? Take it from someone who has been near 200MPH on 2 wheels , a normal person just can't operate at those speeds. You may be fine in a straight line but if you encounter any sort of curves in the road then your dead, either be it car or bike.
    For me torque and acceleration is the whole show , so why focus on cars with high top speeds that have extremely high price tags that the normal person cannot afford ?

Is someone really gonna buy a car for $250,000 - $1,000,000 and then drive it above 200MPH ?
    That just seems bonkers to me, I think I would baby something that cost that much.

On the other hand I think I'd rather buy a used car and work the engine over and drive the day-lights out of it instead.

Does anyone know what a Sleeper is ?

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:18 pm

maxim9691 wrote:Maybe they will race the new Shelby, which Shelby claims will be fastest production car.
    Of course they will claim that since no one is gonna say they want to be #2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This also begs the question of what is fast enough ?!? Take it from someone who has been near 200MPH on 2 wheels , a normal person just can't operate at those speeds. You may be fine in a straight line but if you encounter any sort of curves in the road then your dead, either be it car or bike.
    For me torque and acceleration is the whole show , so why focus on cars with high top speeds that have extremely high price tags that the normal person cannot afford ?

Is someone really gonna buy a car for $250,000 - $1,000,000 and then drive it above 200MPH ?
    That just seems bonkers to me, I think I would baby something that cost that much.

On the other hand I think I'd rather buy a used car and work the engine over and drive the day-lights out of it instead.

Does anyone know what a Sleeper is ?

Yeah me...I'm gonna bed.

Seriously though, I know what you are saying but bikes over here in the Ireland / UK are dangerous and cars are generally safer.

A Sleeper?

No...I don't know, please explain to the audience.

Sleep I thought this little guy was a sleeper.
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:37 pm

A sleeper is car that looks like something your Grandma might drive but hides a few secrets under the hood and body. Love those things moto

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Looks like the Top Gear Section is MaXim's & CK's 'Private Joy' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maybe we will grab some petrol heads from here & there.

Jeremy, James & Richard will register with the EMC when they get 'bored' with making set up situations on Top Gear. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have to email them, I did before! , I got no reply though, obviously not funny enough for them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content