Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Don't know why I keep posting these.. nobody watches them anyway. pt 3 "Old 97's"

purpleblues1

Don't know why I keep posting these.. nobody watches them anyway. pt 3 "Old 97's"

Post by purpleblues1 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:58 am

Well ,as regular readers will know, I'm a bit of a CD junkie and every month my CDealer has a pile of promos appear and I go through them pulling out CD's that take my fancy. Most of the bands I've never heard of and apply a subtle combination of logic, gut feeling and indecision to purchase a pile.
    This time I came back with a load of Americana and alt blues, some fine blues and this lot.
    This was chosen as it was on the "New West" label ,which is home to Delbert McClinton, Jason Isbell, The Drive By Truckers and more.
    They remind me of Jason & the Scorchers,
    Checked em out on You tube and this is from their CD that I now possess, THe CD is "The Grand Theatre volume One"
    This an amotional and tender song of longing called "Every night Is Friday Night Without You"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    CKJ505

Re: Don't know why I keep posting these.. nobody watches them anyway. pt 3 "Old 97's"

Post by CKJ505 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:19 am

That's more like it... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Fine solid track, very good clean sound.

It could be a bit longer though, around 2:45, is the album version longer?

I think Pb is the Jools Holland of Entropy, bringing us new comtemporary music.

There are all worth watching. cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:41 pm