Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers


    What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Share
    avatar
    Mace2theO

    Posts : 3396
    Join date : 2009-06-12
    Age : 96
    Location : At the intersection of James, Jimi and Sly

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Mace2theO on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:46 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Naturally, they are from NYC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:49 pm

    have been a (fairly) good boy so far, just 3 CD's for £10 from my usual sources :-
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    BUT ..
    I have pre- ordered the deluxe LTD Steve Wilson solo CD / Blue Ray / Book and the new Waterboys CD and
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    from the nice Amazon family Smile



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2763
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 38
    Location : Germany

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by fkkScoop on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:54 pm

    Ah...the Piano Demos! Good Man!!!! cheers
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:09 pm

    fkkScoop wrote:Ah...the Piano Demos! Good Man!!!! cheers
    ???

    moto



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2763
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 38
    Location : Germany

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by fkkScoop on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:34 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:Ah...the Piano Demos! Good Man!!!! cheers
    ???

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    From The Waterboys...no?

    Did they record something NEW?

    I guess u talk about that release!
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:54 pm

    fkkScoop wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:Ah...the Piano Demos! Good Man!!!! cheers
    ???

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    From The Waterboys...no?

    Did they record something NEW?

    I guess u talk about that release!

    No, it's a new work , based on the poems of WB Yeats, as they toured with last year



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    Spooky Electric

    Posts : 106
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Location : Seven corners

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Spooky Electric on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:55 am

    The Tedeschi / Trucks Band - Revelator
    Warren Haynes - Man In Motion
    Joss Stone - LP1
    Samantha Fish - Runaway
    Van Morrison - Greatest Hits vol. 1 & 2
    Eric Leeds - Times Squared
    Herbie Hancock - The Imagine Project
    Joe Satriani - TheAnthology
    Joe Bonamassa - Dust Bowl
    Crystal Bowersox - Farmer's Daughter

    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:03 am

    Spooky Electric wrote:The Tedeschi / Trucks Band - Revelator
    Warren Haynes - Man In Motion
    Joss Stone - LP1
    Samantha Fish - Runaway
    Van Morrison - Greatest Hits vol. 1 & 2
    Eric Leeds - Times Squared
    Herbie Hancock - The Imagine Project
    Joe Satriani - TheAnthology
    Joe Bonamassa - Dust Bowl
    Crystal Bowersox - Farmer's Daughter

    blues bros need beer need beer need beer gwtar



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2763
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 38
    Location : Germany

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by fkkScoop on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:09 pm

    Spooky Electric wrote:The Tedeschi / Trucks Band - Revelator
    Warren Haynes - Man In Motion
    Joss Stone - LP1
    Samantha Fish - Runaway
    Van Morrison - Greatest Hits vol. 1 & 2
    Eric Leeds - Times Squared
    Herbie Hancock - The Imagine Project
    Joe Satriani - TheAnthology
    Joe Bonamassa - Dust Bowl
    Crystal Bowersox - Farmer's Daughter


    Is it you? Hi mate...when u are the "Electric" Spooky I know!

    But....Van Morrison - Greatest Hits vol. 1 & 2???

    Man, you must listen to the FULL Discography! Not only some conglomerated Tracks!


    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2763
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 38
    Location : Germany

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by fkkScoop on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:35 pm

    Okokok...now lets see what I bought in the last month...really...
    ... so yeah, I´m with stupid!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Just click on the small pictures to see it big and click again to see it bigger!

    Oh....btw, these are all 12" vinyls except 5 of them...can someone find them? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    And if u see one or 2 twice (or more times) thats not a mistake...ok, maybe for my wallet! affraid
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:36 pm

    fkkScoop wrote:Okokok...now lets see what I bought in the last month...really...
    ... so yeah, I´m with stupid!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Just click on the small pictures to see it big and click again to see it bigger!

    Oh....btw, these are all 12" vinyls except 5 of them...can someone find them? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    And if u see one or 2 twice (or more times) thats not a mistake...ok, maybe for my wallet! affraid

    affraid affraid affraid

    Did you get them in one lot? and if so how much?

    Nice collection scoopy, I have never seen or heard the supafly erotic?
    Any information on that?

    All you have to do is convert the lot to FLAC!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2763
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 38
    Location : Germany

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by fkkScoop on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:57 pm

    CKJ505 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:Okokok...now lets see what I bought in the last month...really...
    ... so yeah, I´m with stupid!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Just click on the small pictures to see it big and click again to see it bigger!

    Oh....btw, these are all 12" vinyls except 5 of them...can someone find them? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    And if u see one or 2 twice (or more times) thats not a mistake...ok, maybe for my wallet! affraid

    affraid affraid affraid

    Did you get them in one lot? and if so how much?

    Nice collection scoopy, I have never seen or heard the supafly erotic?
    Any information on that?

    All you have to do is convert the lot to FLAC!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Ehm...nope...I catch them from all over the world. Over ebay, by feet, discogs...etc.
    Don´t ask how much it was....I don´t wanna know!!!! Rolling Eyes

    And the "Supafly" Version is (almost) a Dance Version from the song, with more BASS and DRUMS...and one version with less words...
    But same speed...and (almost) same length of the track!
    (So maybe an early but not finished Vandals Version?) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    Ehm...BTW: I received today the Promo from "Superhero"

    A1 Super Hero (InDaSoul Mix) Producer [Additional], Remix – In Da Soul Edited By – Jere MC 4:08
    A2 Super Hero (Silk's House Mix) Producer [Additional], Remix – Steve "Silk" Hurley 4:38
    A3 Super Hero (Hero Slow Motion Mix) Remix – Kirk Johnson 4:53
    B1 Super Hero (Denair Old Skool Mix) Producer [Additional], Remix – Denair 4:12
    B2 Super Hero (New Power Hero Mix) Remix – Kirk Johnson 7:15
    B3 Super Hero (Silk's Deep House Mix) Producer [Additional], Remix – Steve "Silk" Hurley 4:37

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:31 am

    A1 Super Hero (InDaSoul Mix) Producer [Additional], Remix – In Da Soul Edited By – Jere MC 4:08
    A2 Super Hero (Silk's House Mix) Producer [Additional], Remix – Steve "Silk" Hurley 4:38
    A3 Super Hero (Hero Slow Motion Mix) Remix – Kirk Johnson 4:53
    B1 Super Hero (Denair Old Skool Mix) Producer [Additional], Remix – Denair 4:12
    B2 Super Hero (New Power Hero Mix) Remix – Kirk Johnson 7:15
    B3 Super Hero (Silk's Deep House Mix) Producer [Additional], Remix – Steve "Silk" Hurley 4:37



    You have awakened the vinyl freak in me, I might do some searching today... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Entropy could (should) have a buy now , bid now or swap shop for all formats, especially vinyls.

    Great to see that vinyl is still alive! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    Mace2theO

    Posts : 3396
    Join date : 2009-06-12
    Age : 96
    Location : At the intersection of James, Jimi and Sly

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Mace2theO on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:22 am

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    After enjoying the London Soul's 'official debut' album all summer, am now checking out their unreleased original debut album. Apparently after recording it, there was a change in personnel so they wrote & recorded a whole new album aka the 'official debut.' It is fantastic, but the original one is blowing me away!

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Burningwood blog described them as "the perfect combination of hit singles, musicianship and live energy. Think of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, with Beatlesque harmonies, and the funk and soul of Sly & The Family Stone, all tailored for AM radio, circa 1975."
    Right up Maceo's musical alley [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think scoop is now a fan



    This is only song to appear on both albums. Its not the best song on either album (the equivalent of "When 2 R in Love") but gives you a flavour

    "Someday"
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



    EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    Ymaginatif

    Posts : 5106
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Age : 42
    Location : imagination

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Ymaginatif on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:37 pm

    scoop is officially off his rocker now! affraid

    The questiuon is: was he ever ON his rocker? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    monstret1

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2011-08-11

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by monstret1 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:47 am

    just recieved the "studio one story" including the documentary film. great stuff if you're into jamaican music.
    avatar
    johnnypizzle

    Posts : 176
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Location : London

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by johnnypizzle on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:51 pm

    After becoming obsessed with Adele's 21 album, I had to go back and give 19 a chance. It was a slow burner for me, but now I think it's nearly as great as 21. I had to go buy the Japanese versions, as well as the UK versions to ensure I had every bonus track available. This girl turned me into a stan and QUICK.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:15 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    ....
    The Orb Cd;s are 2 Cd reissues, the second Cd's contain tripped out remixes and alternative versions, beautifully relaxing stuff.
    Leslie West is... Leslie West playing an assortment of blues classics like his gutiar was on fire
    Ivan Neville and Anders Osborne bring a little New Orleans funk and blues to my house,both highly recommended..
    And Tower of Power... the name says it all. play it loud, play it fonky, ToP are the kings of big band fonk cheers



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:20 pm

    Tower of Power!

    What a stonkingly supa funk cover! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I am presuming the music is just as good and / or better.






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:25 pm

    CKJ505 wrote:Tower of Power!

    What a stonkingly supa funk cover! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I am presuming the music is just as good and / or better.
    It's funky like surpiz a train! ....



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:33 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:Tower of Power!

    What a stonkingly supa funk cover! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I am presuming the music is just as good and / or better.
    It's funky like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] a train! ....

    I like funk, you like funk, we all like funk, sound like a song! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I must go a hunting for that album. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:42 pm

    all the recent acquisitions were 3 for £10, the Orb were new, T o P perfect 2nd hand, also got a Saint Etienne 2CD 1 x DVD best of box set, Kasabian's first CD 2CD version, the new Elliot Smith CD and more... bargain City Smile



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:20 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:all the recent acquisitions were 3 for £10, the Orb were new, T o P perfect 2nd hand, also got a Saint Etienne 2CD 1 x DVD best of box set, Kasabian's first CD 2CD version, the new Elliot Smith CD and more... bargain City [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    That's what we are missing over here......bargains! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    Jfrost

    Posts : 1969
    Join date : 2009-07-06
    Location : Back Home

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Jfrost on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Just had to hear it once......yeah and once is enough!!!
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:35 pm

    Jfrost wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Just had to hear it once......yeah and once is enough!!!

    So what you are hinting at is that it's a N.E.W.S. CD gone totally wrong?!?!?!?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"

    Sponsored content

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:02 am