Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers


    What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Share
    avatar
    Jfrost

    Posts : 1969
    Join date : 2009-07-06
    Location : Back Home

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Jfrost on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:02 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:46 pm

    Never thought Jfrost being a Imelda May fan, something new learned there. Cool






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2763
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 38
    Location : Germany

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by fkkScoop on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:26 pm

    Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary - Remastered (Limited Super Deluxe Edition)



    CD DISC 1 - ACHTUNG BABY ALBUM REMASTERED
    1. ZOO STATION
    2. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
    3. ONE
    4. UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
    5. WHO’S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES
    6. SO CRUEL
    7. THE FLY
    8. MYSTERIOUS WAYS
    9. TRYIN’ TO THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND THE WORLD
    10. ULTRA VIOLET (LIGHT MY WAY)
    11. ACROBAT
    12. LOVE IS BLINDNESS
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 2 – ZOOROPA
    1. ZOOROPA
    2. BABYFACE
    3. NUMB
    4. LEMON
    5. STAY (FARAWAY, SO CLOSE!)
    6. DADDY’S GONNA PAY FOR YOUR CRASHED CAR
    7. SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS
    8. THE FIRST TIME
    9. DIRTY DAY
    10. THE WANDERER starring Johnny Cash
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 3 – UBER REMIXES
    1. NIGHT AND DAY (STEEL STRING REMIX)
    2. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (THE PERFECTO MIX)
    3. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (SOLAR PLEXUS EXTENDED CLUB MIX)
    4. LEMON (THE PERFECTO MIX)
    5. CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE (TRIPLE PEAKS REMIX)
    6. LADY WITH THE SPINNING HEAD (EXTENDED DANCE MIX)
    7. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (V16 EXIT WOUND REMIX)
    8. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (ULTIMATUM MIX)
    9. THE LOUNGE FLY MIX
    10. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (THE PERFECTO MIX)
    11. ONE (APOLLO 440 REMIX)
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 4 – UNTER REMIXES
    1. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (TABLA MOTOWN REMIX)
    2. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (APOLLO 440 MAGIC HOUR REMIX)
    3. CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE (MYSTERY TRAIN DUB)
    4. ONE (APOLLO 440 AMBIENT MIX)
    5. LEMON (MOMO’S REPRISE)
    6. SALOMÉ (ZOOROMANCER REMIX)
    7. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (TRANCE MIX)
    8. NUMB (GIMME SOME MORE DIGINITY MIX)
    9. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (SOLAR PLEXUS MAGIC HOUR REMIX)
    10. NUMB (SOUL ASSASSINS MIX)
    11. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (APOLLO 440 STEALTH SONIC REMIX)
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 5 – B SIDES AND OTHER STUFF
    1. LADY WITH THE SPINNING HEAD (UV1)
    2. BLOW YOUR HOUSE DOWN
    3. SALOMÉ
    4. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
    5. SATELLITE OF LOVE
    6. WHO'S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES (TEMPLE BAR REMIX)
    7. HEAVEN AND HELL
    8. OH BERLIN
    9. NEAR THE ISLAND (INSTRUMENTAL)
    10. DOWN ALL THE DAYS
    11. PAINT IT BLACK
    12. FORTUNATE SON
    13. ALEX DESCENDS INTO HELL FOR A BOTTLE OF MILK/KOROVA 1*
    14. WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG?
    15. EVERYBODY LOVES A WINNE
    16. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (FISH OUT OF WATER REMIX)
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 6 – KINDERGARTEN – THE ALTERNATIVE ACHTUNG BABY
    1. ‘BABY’ ZOO STATION
    2. ‘BABY’ EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
    3. ‘BABY’ ONE
    4. ‘BABY’ UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
    5. ‘BABY’ WHO’S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES
    6. ‘BABY’ SO CRUEL
    7. ‘BABY’ THE FLY
    8. ‘BABY’ MYSTERIOUS WAYS
    9. ‘BABY’ TRYIN’ TO THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND THE WORLD
    10. ‘BABY’ ULTRA VIOLET (LIGHT MY WAY)
    11. ‘BABY’ ACROBAT
    12. ‘BABY’ LOVE IS BLINDNESS

    DVD DISC 1 – FROM THE SKY DOWN – a documentary
    DVD DISC 2 – THE VIDEOS
    1. THE FLY
    2. MYSTERIOUS WAYS
    3. ONE
    4. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
    5. ONE (Buffalo Version)
    6. ONE (Restaurant Version)
    7. WHO’S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES
    8. THE FLY (Performance only)
    9. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (THE PERFECTO MIX)
    10. THE FLY (Text only)
    11. UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD (Live)
    12. THE FLY (Live from the Stop Sellafield Concert)*
    13. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (Live from the Stop Sellafield Concert)*
    14. LOVE IS BLINDNESS
    15. LEMON
    16. STAY (FARAWAY, SO CLOSE!)
    17. NUMB
    18. NUMB (VIDEO REMIX)
    DVD DISC 3 – BONUS MATERIAL
    1. ZOO TV SPECIAL – a documentary
    2. SHORTS:
    MTV's “Most Wanted – ZooTV Special”*
    MTV Rockumentary*
    U2 on Naked City, 1993
    U2 on TV-AM, 1992
    Trabantland documentary
    3. ROM CONTENT: Screensavers, Desktop Wallpapers, Weblinks

    DVD DISC 4 – ZOOTV LIVE FROM SYDNEY
    Show Opening
    Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways
    One
    Unchained Melody
    Until The End Of The World
    New Year’s Day
    Numb
    Angel Of Harlem
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Satellite Of Love
    Dirty Day
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Daddy’s Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
    Lemon
    With Or Without You
    Love Is Blindness
    Can’t Help Falling In Love





    And I told ya´ll - Just alone for the "Kindergarten" CD it was worth to buy!!!


    And in the box there is also a hardcoverbook with many pictures and words from the producers, engineers and and and

    A very cool Remastered Collection, almost as good as a NPGV - Remaster, just almost!
    avatar
    Mace2theO

    Posts : 3396
    Join date : 2009-06-12
    Age : 96
    Location : At the intersection of James, Jimi and Sly

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Mace2theO on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:22 pm

    fkkScoop wrote:Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary - Remastered (Limited Super Deluxe Edition)



    CD DISC 1 - ACHTUNG BABY ALBUM REMASTERED
    1. ZOO STATION
    2. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
    3. ONE
    4. UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
    5. WHO’S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES
    6. SO CRUEL
    7. THE FLY
    8. MYSTERIOUS WAYS
    9. TRYIN’ TO THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND THE WORLD
    10. ULTRA VIOLET (LIGHT MY WAY)
    11. ACROBAT
    12. LOVE IS BLINDNESS
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 2 – ZOOROPA
    1. ZOOROPA
    2. BABYFACE
    3. NUMB
    4. LEMON
    5. STAY (FARAWAY, SO CLOSE!)
    6. DADDY’S GONNA PAY FOR YOUR CRASHED CAR
    7. SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS
    8. THE FIRST TIME
    9. DIRTY DAY
    10. THE WANDERER starring Johnny Cash
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 3 – UBER REMIXES
    1. NIGHT AND DAY (STEEL STRING REMIX)
    2. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (THE PERFECTO MIX)
    3. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (SOLAR PLEXUS EXTENDED CLUB MIX)
    4. LEMON (THE PERFECTO MIX)
    5. CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE (TRIPLE PEAKS REMIX)
    6. LADY WITH THE SPINNING HEAD (EXTENDED DANCE MIX)
    7. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (V16 EXIT WOUND REMIX)
    8. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (ULTIMATUM MIX)
    9. THE LOUNGE FLY MIX
    10. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (THE PERFECTO MIX)
    11. ONE (APOLLO 440 REMIX)
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 4 – UNTER REMIXES
    1. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (TABLA MOTOWN REMIX)
    2. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (APOLLO 440 MAGIC HOUR REMIX)
    3. CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE (MYSTERY TRAIN DUB)
    4. ONE (APOLLO 440 AMBIENT MIX)
    5. LEMON (MOMO’S REPRISE)
    6. SALOMÉ (ZOOROMANCER REMIX)
    7. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (TRANCE MIX)
    8. NUMB (GIMME SOME MORE DIGINITY MIX)
    9. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (SOLAR PLEXUS MAGIC HOUR REMIX)
    10. NUMB (SOUL ASSASSINS MIX)
    11. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (APOLLO 440 STEALTH SONIC REMIX)
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 5 – B SIDES AND OTHER STUFF
    1. LADY WITH THE SPINNING HEAD (UV1)
    2. BLOW YOUR HOUSE DOWN
    3. SALOMÉ
    4. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
    5. SATELLITE OF LOVE
    6. WHO'S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES (TEMPLE BAR REMIX)
    7. HEAVEN AND HELL
    8. OH BERLIN
    9. NEAR THE ISLAND (INSTRUMENTAL)
    10. DOWN ALL THE DAYS
    11. PAINT IT BLACK
    12. FORTUNATE SON
    13. ALEX DESCENDS INTO HELL FOR A BOTTLE OF MILK/KOROVA 1*
    14. WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG?
    15. EVERYBODY LOVES A WINNE
    16. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (FISH OUT OF WATER REMIX)
    UBER & SUPER CD DISC 6 – KINDERGARTEN – THE ALTERNATIVE ACHTUNG BABY
    1. ‘BABY’ ZOO STATION
    2. ‘BABY’ EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
    3. ‘BABY’ ONE
    4. ‘BABY’ UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
    5. ‘BABY’ WHO’S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES
    6. ‘BABY’ SO CRUEL
    7. ‘BABY’ THE FLY
    8. ‘BABY’ MYSTERIOUS WAYS
    9. ‘BABY’ TRYIN’ TO THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND THE WORLD
    10. ‘BABY’ ULTRA VIOLET (LIGHT MY WAY)
    11. ‘BABY’ ACROBAT
    12. ‘BABY’ LOVE IS BLINDNESS

    DVD DISC 1 – FROM THE SKY DOWN – a documentary
    DVD DISC 2 – THE VIDEOS
    1. THE FLY
    2. MYSTERIOUS WAYS
    3. ONE
    4. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
    5. ONE (Buffalo Version)
    6. ONE (Restaurant Version)
    7. WHO’S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES
    8. THE FLY (Performance only)
    9. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (THE PERFECTO MIX)
    10. THE FLY (Text only)
    11. UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD (Live)
    12. THE FLY (Live from the Stop Sellafield Concert)*
    13. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING (Live from the Stop Sellafield Concert)*
    14. LOVE IS BLINDNESS
    15. LEMON
    16. STAY (FARAWAY, SO CLOSE!)
    17. NUMB
    18. NUMB (VIDEO REMIX)
    DVD DISC 3 – BONUS MATERIAL
    1. ZOO TV SPECIAL – a documentary
    2. SHORTS:
    MTV's “Most Wanted – ZooTV Special”*
    MTV Rockumentary*
    U2 on Naked City, 1993
    U2 on TV-AM, 1992
    Trabantland documentary
    3. ROM CONTENT: Screensavers, Desktop Wallpapers, Weblinks

    DVD DISC 4 – ZOOTV LIVE FROM SYDNEY
    Show Opening
    Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways
    One
    Unchained Melody
    Until The End Of The World
    New Year’s Day
    Numb
    Angel Of Harlem
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Satellite Of Love
    Dirty Day
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Daddy’s Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
    Lemon
    With Or Without You
    Love Is Blindness
    Can’t Help Falling In Love





    And I told ya´ll - Just alone for the "Kindergarten" CD it was worth to buy!!!


    And in the box there is also a hardcoverbook with many pictures and words from the producers, engineers and and and

    A very cool Remastered Collection, almost as good as a NPGV - Remaster, just almost!


    I'll be looking soon for the Kindergarden version at another library near you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:43 pm

    Impressive scoop. popcorn






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    jaytap

    Posts : 505
    Join date : 2009-06-10
    Location : The Big Mango

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by jaytap on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 pm

    Lately I have bought cds from:

    Fleet Foxes
    Kasebian
    Bruno Mars

    still haven't checked out this whole Adele thing though... am I too late?
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:41 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    All were £2 each from HMV's new Secondhand concept "swap shop" except Juan which was a whole £8.99 from mr amazon...
    See, I manage a day without Cd's to be tour guide Barbie for Maceo and then this.... afro



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:58 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Jake - chosen for the name ( might be a cousin? )
    Howlin' Wind - heard a track on this months "Classic Rock " free CD
    Al lothers chosen as I liked the covers ( all shrink wrapped so couldn't cheat by listening beforehand)
    Initial verdict:
    Cousin Jake - nice, folky tinged singer, Ed Sheeran meets Mike Scott
    Memoryhouse - office fav, got played twice.. swirling, shoegazing rock, This morta lcoil with guitars..
    Secret Machines, MSMW & David Goo yet to be played sunny



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    Mace2theO

    Posts : 3396
    Join date : 2009-06-12
    Age : 96
    Location : At the intersection of James, Jimi and Sly

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Mace2theO on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:12 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    All were £2 each from HMV's new Secondhand concept "swap shop" except Juan which was a whole £8.99 from mr amazon...
    See, I manage a day without Cd's to be tour guide Barbie for Maceo and then this.... afro



    Don't blame me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    ....hey, wait a minute...I don't recall being taken to HMV [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:18 pm

    Mace2theO wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    All were £2 each from HMV's new Secondhand concept "swap shop" except Juan which was a whole £8.99 from mr amazon...
    See, I manage a day without Cd's to be tour guide Barbie for Maceo and then this.... afro



    Don't blame me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    ....hey, wait a minute...I don't recall being taken to HMV [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Was how I spent the following day Smile they opened their second hand department a day late for you lol!



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    The 88

    Post by maxim9691 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:33 pm

    I don't recall liking many bands that have a modern Beatles Vibe about them like "THE 88" Do !!!!!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    headphones headphones headphones headphones headphones headphones headphones headphones headphones



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:47 pm

    home from work I trot, only to find that the nice postman has delivered goodies...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    So guess what I'm listening to first... sunny sunny sunny



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:05 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:home from work I trot, only to find that the nice postman has delivered goodies...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    So guess what I'm listening to first... sunny sunny sunny

    Secret Machines obviously..... Laughing Very Happy






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:14 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    A must have for the lovers of music.

    Musical Truth!

    Very Happy






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:08 pm

    CKJ505 wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:home from work I trot, only to find that the nice postman has delivered goodies...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    So guess what I'm listening to first... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Secret Machines obviously..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Forget the questionable music selections- how did you get your LG TV to levitate above the table ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm

    maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:home from work I trot, only to find that the nice postman has delivered goodies...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    So guess what I'm listening to first... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Secret Machines obviously..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Forget the questionable music selections- how did you get your LG TV to levitate above the table ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I spotted that too but thought I was seeing things..... Suspect






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:30 am

    CKJ505 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:home from work I trot, only to find that the nice postman has delivered goodies...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    So guess what I'm listening to first... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Secret Machines obviously..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Forget the questionable music selections- how did you get your LG TV to levitate above the table ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I spotted that too but thought I was seeing things..... Suspect
    They're not called "Secret Machines" for nothing ...
    and "Questionable Musical Tastes"????? hmmm.
    chock snow



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 am

    purpleblues1 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:home from work I trot, only to find that the nice postman has delivered goodies...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    So guess what I'm listening to first... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Secret Machines obviously..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Forget the questionable music selections- how did you get your LG TV to levitate above the table ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I spotted that too but thought I was seeing things..... Suspect

    and "Questionable Musical Tastes"????? hmmm.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    Ymaginatif

    Posts : 5106
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Age : 42
    Location : imagination

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Ymaginatif on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:37 pm

    I guess they must be very stiff electrical cables! Laughing



    The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    tapetrader

    Posts : 29
    Join date : 2012-08-06
    Location : CA / MN...but often somewhere else for work

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by tapetrader on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:07 am

    Nat King Cole Trio - Complete Capitol Recordings (been saving for this for about a decade..but oh so worth it!)
    Bob Dylan - Tell Tale Signs (for ver 3 of Mississipi - awesome reggae version!)
    Antibalas - their new album
    Kate Bush - Director's Cut (some interesting reworks...still enjoy the early original albums best)
    Darondo - Listen to My Song (that Hi sound!)
    Lou Rawls - Live
    HIt that Perfect Beat - to get the 12" of Endicott (sound wasn't very good, need to track down the actual 12"...used to own it...really want to hear it again in great vinyl sound)
    Lisa Lisa -- bbr remaster out of UK, mostly for bonus tracks. Like bbr, but they always screw you on the bonus tracks (i.e. AC lp where they didn't give us Red Light, even though it's on the CD listing! Luckily I have the 7", but still false advertising on their part)
    Donny Hathaway - French 4 CD box set (why isn't there a US box set!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Kofi - Wishing Well Mad Professor dub remix
    Ace Story vol 3 - New Oreans R&B
    Paul Simon - Graceland box set (BIG DISAPPOINTMENT...sound was compressed beyond recognition, even worse than the last remaster....how do young people listen to all of these horribly compressed CDs??!!....I've gone to listening pretty much exclusively to my old tapes and LPs every new CD reissue is worse than the previous CD and most far worse than my LPs and 12". So many of my 12"s sound so alive and dynamic, they just jump off the turntable and put you into the music. Sad younger people aren't getting that jolt from good music reproduction.)
    avatar
    tapetrader

    Posts : 29
    Join date : 2012-08-06
    Location : CA / MN...but often somewhere else for work

    Future Shock

    Post by tapetrader on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:15 am


    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]

    Future Shock! First non-Prince album I ever purchased! Great album. (And yes we bought albums back then Smile )

    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:00 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    and, thanks to scoop...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    and I won't tell you about the 10 Rich Hopkins and the Luminaros CD's, or the entire Reckless Kelly discography, or the Kevin Welch, Jimmy LaFave, Beth Rowley, Howard Elliot Payne or Unitopia CD's that appeared, magically next to my CD player Idea



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:08 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Hmmm, how did you get that one when it's supposed to be released September 25, 2012



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:26 pm

    Norah Jones - Little Broken Hearts
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Missy Higgins - The Ol' Razzle Dazzle
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Brandi Carlile-Bear Creek
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Gavin DeGraw (5 Albums)
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Jimmy Fallon - Blow Your Pants Off
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Zac Brown Band - Uncaged
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Corgi Classics - The Beatles Collection
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    and 24 Michael Buble albums for my Wife Rolling Eyes



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 am

    maxim9691 wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Hmmm, how did you get that one when it's supposed to be released September 25, 2012


    It's a pre release promo.
    I have my sources! cool2



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Sponsored content

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:54 am