Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers


    What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Share
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:21 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    and Inside Man, Human Traffic remixed DVD & Layer Cake 2DVD set for £1 each.
    Smile bargains, bargains, bargains...



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:37 pm

    Katie Melua is cool , I've got a few of hers



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    Mace2theO

    Posts : 3396
    Join date : 2009-06-12
    Age : 96
    Location : At the intersection of James, Jimi and Sly

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Mace2theO on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:02 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] bargains, bargains, bargains...



    I hope you love this cd - am a big fan of Jon Cleary (btw, featured on both New Orleans webcasts). Don't hestitate to see him live if you ever get a chance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:12 pm

    Mace2theO wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] bargains, bargains, bargains...



    I hope you love this cd - am a big fan of Jon Cleary (btw, featured on both New Orleans webcasts). Don't hestitate to see him live if you ever get a chance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    oh yes, it was your podcast , along with You Tube that turned me onto the amazing Mr Cleary ( an Englishman in New Orleans! )
    Am now the proud owner of 3 of his CD's, and am looking for more.
    He recently played on the new Matt Schofield CD, " Anything But Time", a fine Blues CD it is too, with a side order of funk on most tracks courtesy of Johnny Henderson on Hammond B3 .
    So we end up with a trio of funky NO sounds ...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] afro afro afro afro afro



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:02 pm

    So, PB when are you gonna move out of your home because you have to choose between living space and music ?!?

    Maybe when you move you could build the next house out of records and cds, should be a mansion.
    Of course if you build the home using only the good music, it would be much smaller.



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:34 pm

    maxim9691 wrote:So, PB when are you gonna move out of your home because you have to choose between living space and music ?!?

    Maybe when you move you could build the next house out of records and cds, should be a mansion.
    Of course if you build the home using only the good music, it would be much smaller.
    well, I must be lucky a all the music I buy is Good ! tongue



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    go2themax

    Posts : 225
    Join date : 2011-04-10
    Age : 40
    Location : Brazil

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by go2themax on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 pm

    that would be Andre Cymone "AC" (Remastered & expanded version)...which I pre-ordered 2day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:09 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:So, PB when are you gonna move out of your home because you have to choose between living space and music ?!?

    Maybe when you move you could build the next house out of records and cds, should be a mansion.
    Of course if you build the home using only the good music, it would be much smaller.
    well, I must be lucky a all the music I buy is Good ! tongue
    point rofl



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:53 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    and[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:28 pm

    3 CD's for £10:-
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    jazz covers of songs by Radiohead, Echo & The Bunnymen, Nick Drake, Nina Simone and more..
    not a lounge album, a good vocalist with a great jazz combo album Smile

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    never heard of them ,bought as I liked the cover art.
    They are a gypsy polka / folk / jazz band from San Francisoc, It's a nice summery CD, gentler than Gogo Bordelo, not as dubby as Gotan Project,

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    again, I liked the cover and it was sat next to Rupa, so I took a punt,, more typically American indie - a more rocky Fleet foxes, a less folky Decemberists.
    I've played them all once, but the Magnus suits my late night musings today.tomorrow at work, well that'll be a different story...



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    darkcloud1721

    Posts : 776
    Join date : 2009-06-23
    Location : LA, CA

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by darkcloud1721 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:38 pm

    i'll be picking this up 2nite after the gym in the deluxe version with bonus cd Smile Been waiting on long time. yessssss!

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:33 pm

    darkcloud1721 wrote:i'll be picking this up 2nite after the gym in the deluxe version with bonus cd Smile Been waiting on long time. yessssss!

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    I'm adding it to my collection as I type this



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm

    being good... and having a shiny new Blu Ray player... but did acquire these..
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    DJ Shadow is the CD of the Day, playing as I type...



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    7 of 9

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2010-10-07

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by 7 of 9 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:14 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:being good... and having a shiny new Blu Ray player... but did acquire these..
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    DJ Shadow is the CD of the Day, playing as I type...

    Fly the friendly skies of digital and shun the plastic world. Now I command you to dance ! blues bros
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2763
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 38
    Location : Germany

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by fkkScoop on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:47 am

    PB! How is Winterland??? Is it worth to buy????

    The last rerererereleases from Jimi Stuff are not bad but not really awesome as they should be!

    BUT WINTERLAND looks so cool...

    I want to buy....is it Worth?
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 am

    fkkScoop wrote:PB! How is Winterland??? Is it worth to buy????

    The last rerererereleases from Jimi Stuff are not bad but not really awesome as they should be!

    BUT WINTERLAND looks so cool...

    I want to buy....is it Worth?

    It's good if you like your live performances sliced and diced but if you want a full show then skip this.



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:52 pm

    maxim9691 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:PB! How is Winterland??? Is it worth to buy????

    The last rerererereleases from Jimi Stuff are not bad but not really awesome as they should be!

    BUT WINTERLAND looks so cool...

    I want to buy....is it Worth?

    It's good if you like your live performances sliced and diced but if you want a full show then skip this.
    Or if you want a superb quality souvenir of late period Hendrix exploring the sonic envelope of the blues and beyond...
    also , I managed to get the 5 CD version, with a bonus of tracks from the Filmore shows on 4 February 1968 for the same price ( good old HMV wrecka store Kool Kool Kool



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:46 pm

    purpleblues1 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:PB! How is Winterland??? Is it worth to buy????

    The last rerererereleases from Jimi Stuff are not bad but not really awesome as they should be!

    BUT WINTERLAND looks so cool...

    I want to buy....is it Worth?

    It's good if you like your live performances sliced and diced but if you want a full show then skip this.
    Or if you want a superb quality souvenir of late period Hendrix exploring the sonic envelope of the blues and beyond...
    also , I managed to get the 5 CD version, with a bonus of tracks from the Filmore shows on 4 February 1968 for the same price ( good old HMV wrecka store [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I envy your supply and wish I had a thicker wallet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    On another note, that pile (mountain) of CD's is going to come crashing down one day.
    I for one will look upon the pile, reach out my helping hand to PurpleBlues and set him free from his plastic captors.
    Then I will rummage for weeks, months or even years and I will be seen running with a very large cardboard box full of joy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9617
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Retired NPG Vandal

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by maxim9691 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:39 pm

    CKJ505 wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:PB! How is Winterland??? Is it worth to buy????

    The last rerererereleases from Jimi Stuff are not bad but not really awesome as they should be!

    BUT WINTERLAND looks so cool...

    I want to buy....is it Worth?

    It's good if you like your live performances sliced and diced but if you want a full show then skip this.
    Or if you want a superb quality souvenir of late period Hendrix exploring the sonic envelope of the blues and beyond...
    also , I managed to get the 5 CD version, with a bonus of tracks from the Filmore shows on 4 February 1968 for the same price ( good old HMV wrecka store [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I envy your supply and wish I had a thicker wallet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    On another note, that pile (mountain) of CD's is going to come crashing down one day.
    I for one will look upon the pile, reach out my helping hand to PurpleBlues and set him free from his plastic captors.
    Then I will rummage for weeks, months or even years and I will be seen running with a very large cardboard box full of joy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Maybe we should do Purpleblues a favor and have a meetup late at night near his house and liberate those poor, lonely records piled up there.
    I'll bring the key to his house [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:56 pm

    maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:PB! How is Winterland??? Is it worth to buy????

    The last rerererereleases from Jimi Stuff are not bad but not really awesome as they should be!

    BUT WINTERLAND looks so cool...

    I want to buy....is it Worth?

    It's good if you like your live performances sliced and diced but if you want a full show then skip this.
    Or if you want a superb quality souvenir of late period Hendrix exploring the sonic envelope of the blues and beyond...
    also , I managed to get the 5 CD version, with a bonus of tracks from the Filmore shows on 4 February 1968 for the same price ( good old HMV wrecka store [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I envy your supply and wish I had a thicker wallet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    On another note, that pile (mountain) of CD's is going to come crashing down one day.
    I for one will look upon the pile, reach out my helping hand to PurpleBlues and set him free from his plastic captors.
    Then I will rummage for weeks, months or even years and I will be seen running with a very large cardboard box full of joy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Maybe we should do Purpleblues a favor and have a meetup late at night near his house and liberate those poor, lonely records piled up there.
    I'll bring the key to his house [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I will bring my friend...

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    that should sort out the problem... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:14 am

    CKJ505 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:PB! How is Winterland??? Is it worth to buy????

    The last rerererereleases from Jimi Stuff are not bad but not really awesome as they should be!

    BUT WINTERLAND looks so cool...

    I want to buy....is it Worth?

    It's good if you like your live performances sliced and diced but if you want a full show then skip this.
    Or if you want a superb quality souvenir of late period Hendrix exploring the sonic envelope of the blues and beyond...
    also , I managed to get the 5 CD version, with a bonus of tracks from the Filmore shows on 4 February 1968 for the same price ( good old HMV wrecka store [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I envy your supply and wish I had a thicker wallet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    On another note, that pile (mountain) of CD's is going to come crashing down one day.
    I for one will look upon the pile, reach out my helping hand to PurpleBlues and set him free from his plastic captors.
    Then I will rummage for weeks, months or even years and I will be seen running with a very large cardboard box full of joy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Maybe we should do Purpleblues a favor and have a meetup late at night near his house and liberate those poor, lonely records piled up there.
    I'll bring the key to his house [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    I will bring my friend...

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    that should sort out the problem... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    ... My security team are on standby..
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:34 am

    I find the All - Blacks very intimidating.

    Striking fear into their opponents seems to work as they are rarely beaten.
    They are taking on France tomorrow in the world cup final.
    Black or Blue? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:57 am

    CKJ505 wrote:I find the All - Blacks very intimidating.

    Striking fear into their opponents seems to work as they are rarely beaten.
    They are taking on France tomorrow in the world cup final.
    Black or Blue? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    since Best Friend #2 is a Maori and responsible for igniting an interest in rugby , All afro Blacks all the way....



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    purpleblues1

    Posts : 1740
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Location : Reading, UK

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by purpleblues1 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:53 pm

    this seem s to have turned into my "I've too much disposable income" thread as ,after a bad day at the office, I sneaked across the road to my local second hand wrecka stores, where I picked up the Aimee Mann CD's and the Midlake CD for the grand sum of £18 :-
    and all these new promo's for a mere £5 each:-

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Now I've just got to listen to them all.....
    on track 7 of @#%&! at the moment... very nice Smile



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5497
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 45
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by CKJ505 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:38 pm

    Purple Blues, you are one of the few keeping the life of the CD alive.

    I can't even remember the last time I purchased a CD, maybe Lotusflow3r through Target.






    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"

    Sponsored content

    Re: What's Your Latest Music Acquisition?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 am