MiPony

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:52 am

Mipony is a free download manager
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Features
    Mipony has an embedded web browser.
    No need to have Premium accounts.
    Fully automatic download.
    It indicates if the files are available to be downloaded.
    It optimizes your connection.
    It also works with Premium accounts which cannot be mentioned here
    Remote control.

Code:
    http://www.mipony.net/en/download.php

Maxim >
    Better than JDownloader
    This is the only download tool you'll ever need !

CKJ505

Re: MiPony

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Coooooool, better than orange & blue I gather! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 pm

am attempting to become a pony wrangler now.. see if it's a better world than an orange or blue fire one! Smile
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:46 am

Ok I got it , I now must figure out how to use it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If is has the Maxim Approval Rating (MAR) (5 stars out of 5 stars) then,

we can not go wrong, can we?
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Use it since 10 years.... Laughing

Nope....since Maxim told me....last year??? scratch
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:45 am

I add my voice to the chorus of high praises sung for this little equine program.

Make sure you keep it up to date, and it works beautifully!
    It works as we speak ...
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:33 am

Ymaginatif wrote:I add my voice to the chorus of high praises sung for this little equine program.

Make sure you keep it up to date, and it works beautifully!
    It works as we speak ...

Hello Twin! Indeed, I got my little trojan horse to reel me in some goodies. He's is a great worker, he unpacks as well and puts them where you want them to go.
    I don't even have to feed him grass or hay, all he wants is a few updates now and again. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have to say thanks (again) to Maxim for this one.

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:32 pm

This looks like a great tool, but I'm clueless as how you use it to avoid download wait times from banned word #2, etc.

Tutorial anyone? Or can anyone give me a ring to go over it?
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:22 am

If I understand you well, the pony does the waiting for you. It's a programme you leave on in the background, you don't care about, and a few days later you come back and all the fruits are ready to harvest!
    That being said, it is good a dodging long waiting queues (if you keep it up to date with updates!), and the longest it seems to hang around for one ripe apple is about 30 minutes.

Does that answre your question?

It's a super little programme, and I use it every day.
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:19 am

Ymaginatif wrote:If I understand you well, the pony does the waiting for you. It's a programme you leave on in the background, you don't care about, and a few days later you come back and all the fruits are ready to harvest!
    That being said, it is good a dodging long waiting queues (if you keep it up to date with updates!), and the longest it seems to hang around for one ripe apple is about 30 minutes.

While you are there Y, with all this "harvesting" that you have done, where do you stack your apples? I am running out of shelving space for my apples.

Any recommendations on getting another shelf for future storage of harvested goods.
    Let's call it a "moveable keg". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:23 am

I have a giga-box tucked behind my screen, attached with a wire. With all the apples nicely labeled and put in chronological order.
    that does the job.
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:24 am

CKJ505 wrote:
    Ymaginatif wrote:If I understand you well, the pony does the waiting for you. It's a programme you leave on in the background, you don't care about, and a few days later you come back and all the fruits are ready to harvest!

While you are there Y, with all this "harvesting" that you have done, where do you stack your apples? I am running out of shelving space for my apples.

Any recommendations on getting another shelf for future storage of harvested goods.
    Let's call it a "moveable keg". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I personally (in the last month) have purchased 2 new Movable Kegs
    a Seagate 1.5T and a WD 1T the WD was on sale for $70 so I couldn't pass it by.

Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:27 am

In Amazonia they pay £48.97 for that.
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:44 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:

I personally (in the last month) have purchased 2 new Movable Kegs
    a Seagate 1.5T and a WD 1T the WD was on sale for $70 so I couldn't pass it by.

2.5 in total, that will hold many many many bottles of cider, good price too.

I must go to the local market and see what farmer McGinty has for sale.
    I have a feeling that McGinty will over charge me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    I think I will bring a "pony" as barter. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:49 am

Ymaginatif wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't think I'd purchase that brand

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:10 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    Ymaginatif wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't think I'd purchase that brand

That's what farmer McGinty has for barter. Ok then, keep away.
    I' m going to have to get a keg soon or my harvesting will end. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 am

I have 5 kegs and would recommend Western Digital or Seagate , but some do complain about Seagate's quality but I've never had any problems with them.

Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 am

What's wrong with the brand?
    Had it for half a year or so now, and it's happy as a bumblebee
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:54 am

Ymaginatif wrote:What's wrong with the brand?

I hope is not one of my "Peruvian marching" bees, could be though, explaining the "happiness". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:57 am

Nothing that I know of but I prefer a drive with a USB 3.0 interface, Your hatchoooeee [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] doesn't support USB 3.0
    Also I've never seen one at a store Best Buy, Officemax, Staples or Wal-Mart
    on the other hand WD and Seagate have products at all of the major places so returning and or finding a matching drive is much easier.

For example I use 2 Western Digitals for some of my music stuff, in a parallel configuration and since they are compatible they automatically back each other up when new data has been added to either one, both with USB 3.0 ports.
    Standard USB 2.0 is only 480mbit/sec whereas the USB 3.0 speed is 5Gbit/sec which can be found in the new products of these two brands.

For CK I'd recommend a USB 3.0 card and matching drive regardless of what brand it is.

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 pm

maxim9691 wrote:

Nothing that I know of but I prefer a drive with a USB 3.0 interface, Your hatchoooeee [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] doesn't support USB 3.0
    Also I've never seen one at a store Best Buy, Officemax, Staples or Wal-Mart
    on the other hand WD and Seagate have products at all of the major places so returning and or finding a matching drive is much easier.

For example I use 2 Western Digitals for some of my music stuff, in a parallel configuration and since they are compatible they automatically back each other up when new data has been added to either one, both with USB 3.0 ports.
    Standard USB 2.0 is only 480mbit/sec whereas the USB 3.0 speed is 5Gbit/sec which can be found in the new products of these two brands.

For CK I'd recommend a USB 3.0 card and matching drive regardless of what brand it is.

USB 3.0!!!!....Mmmmm, never even knew they have developed that. Usb card 3.0, must check it out. I like the sound of 5 gigabits per second transfer rate! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:21 am

None of this helps me. How do I get the program do "do the waiting" for me? I'm a simple man -meat and potatoes. How does this software benefit me?
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:07 am

SeeNote wrote:None of this helps me. How do I get the program do "do the waiting" for me? I'm a simple man -meat and potatoes. How does this software benefit me?

There are a few tabs on the top of the main page. Click on the add-links box.

As you copy a information from one site page that has links, Mipony automatically reads these link and enters then into itself.

You can select which ones you want in the download tab. It will turn off your pc when complete, that's if you want it too.

There is also no waiting times from certain DL sites except banned word #1, where they got the word "rapid" from beggers belief.

There are more advanced settings where you can "program" Mipony" to time downloads, I've kept away from that, a bit too technical for me. Embarassed

It's a great additon to anyones harvesting tools.
    It does a lot more than I need know or should I say need to know. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:50 am

One of the features of Miipony that I didn't notice until recently
    In the bottom right hand corner of the program you can adjust the speed at which the program operates.
    Doing this will limit how much of your computer's resources the pony uses.
    Turn it down far enough and you will never know it's even running.
    Or if it's running too slowly you can speed it up to match your connection speed.

You can also select how many parallel downs will run at the same time, I believe its in the options menu.
    Also a very important setting to tweak.

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:02 am

maxim9691 wrote:One of the features of Miipony that I didn't notice until recently
    In the bottom right hand corner of the program you can adjust the speed at which the program operates.
    Doing this will limit how much of your computer's resources the pony uses.
    Turn it down far enough and you will never know it's even running.
    Or if it's running too slowly you can speed it up to match your connection speed.

You can also select how many parallel downs will run at the same time, I believe its in the options menu.
    Also a very important setting to tweak.

She runs fine around my garden, I am not going messing with her canter or trotting speeds, just in case she comes to a complete stop. affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:39 pm