Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

my homework: Purpleblues' December Podcasts

purpleblues1

my homework: Purpleblues' December Podcasts

Post by purpleblues1 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:35 am

Professor Maceo set us a task - to construct a podcast a month...
    Well I had so much fun compiling the Twin Peaks issue with him that I dug out my rough mixes and re tracked them in a flurry of hyperactivity between work and chef duties.

So here are Podcasts 12 & 13 , rough mixes and bad comments left in.
    I reserve the right to tinker with them, re track and otherwise adapt in the future. But for now, we present

"Nothing to do with Christmas" and "no , nothing here either", A PB guide to the blues as heard in snowy Reading

EMC PROTOCOL TAG

will follow shortly...
    Oh . part 3 is under construction ,and it's almost got a theme... but still not Christmas, as instructed.
    So I hope you enjoy part1. I'm off to work until 9pm, Embarassed
    Mace2theO

Re: my homework: Purpleblues' December Podcasts

Post by Mace2theO on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:09 am

Wow. .

Purpleblues posted his December webcast 25 minutes after midnight on the 1st of December

Think this makes you the Teacher's Pet
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:13 am

purpleblues1 wrote:If I still had the edit facility , I could add part 2, but have been de-moderated.. so will rely on te Prof to do the honours ...
    part 2:-

?61xd126etccj0bz

I think you can buy the ability here
    http://www.entropymc.com/funk-point-hall-f31/forum-feature-edit-your-own-posts-t2204.htm#20934

I've just made an order! Laughing
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:02 pm

I did first and didn´t have the ability.......had it once.....

Help!

May I ?

Uh....fast this was (Yoda would say)

Last edited by maxim9691 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit button Test! :-))
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:04 pm

fkkScoop wrote:

I did first and didn´t have the ability.......had it once.....

Help!

May I ?

Uh....fast this was (Yoda would say)

Oversight, I noticed the problem when I added JFrost's new features, so your good to go now.

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:28 pm

purpleblues1 wrote:Professor Maceo set us a task - to construct a podcast a month...
    Well I had so much fun compiling the Twin Peaks issue with him that I dug out my rough mixes and re tracked them in a flurry of hyperactivity between work and chef duties.

So here are Podcasts 12 & 13 , rough mixes and bad comments left in.
    I reserve the right to tinker with them, re track and otherwise adapt in the future. But for now, we present

"Nothing to do with Christmas" and "no , nothing here either", A PB guide to the blues as heard in snowy Reading

EMC PROTOCOL TAG

will follow shortly...
    Oh . part 3 is under construction ,and it's almost got a theme... but still not Christmas, as instructed.
    So I hope you enjoy part1. I'm off to work until 9pm, Embarassed

Really enjoyed #12. Loved the Martin Luther, Scott McKuen (sp) and the Johns (Legend & Mayer)! I like your whole "scott-to-scott, tree-to-roots" segueing!

Now on to #13
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:22 am

And I started with No 13. Because today is the 13th! cheers

Took a few scribbly notes while listening, so here they come:

Our laidback DJ announces this podcast as 'blues-night' ... As opposed to blues-morning, blues-noon,blues-twilight and blues-elevenses? I thought all PB podcasts were blues? Laughing

What have we got here? A speedo version of 'Tainted Love' – it is strangely upbeat. Not surewhether I like it. The silly ad-libs don't make it any better ...

Ah but next, we have some powerful female vocals! I like that! 'music is evil' she says. Ah no, she says it isn't Smile Sound rather country-likefor Blues to my ears --- and then she leaves it to the guitar to shine. That's defenitely country!And now there's a bit of Johnny Cash ... more country Laughing
    Haha – it turns out to be Dana Fuchs! Yes, now I know why I thought she wwas good Laughing

Donald Fagen – that should be ultra-cool jazz blues. Hey I know this?! How is this possible? A PB selection that I've heard before?!'Drowning In The Sea Of Love'? Dear me! I know this in a 1970s half-hearted andhalf-drunk disco version of Ringo Starr! Bet you haven't heard that yet!!

Scottish blues now – we're slowing down. Beautiful female vocalsagainst a careful backing with lovely guitar sound. I like this.

Bam – it's back to runofthemill proto-blues. Sounds like Eric Clapton onguitar. But it isn't, I suppose. Too typical for me to really enjoy.

and now – more rock in the guitar! urgent rim-shots. that'smore like it! Laughing

We shift to funky blues on the guitar. 'Thrill Is Gone'. Greatguitar solo, those long bent notes caught my ear (while listing the 2ndperson future forms of the verb 'manger') – a bit later: a wah-wah guitar solo.Nice one again!

oops – lost my concentration for a bit here ... last song.Jimi Hendrix. Typical guitar work, but melodious enough for me to enjoy. Yes,I'm actually enjoying it more and more. His lower strings begin to hum mid-soloat one point – made me smile. Yes, some nice dirty playing now with the wah-wah.

Seems like I 'heard' 8 songs. I'm sure there were more, but my mind must have drifted away here and there. I tend to 'relax and flow downstream' at work a lot rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:45 am