Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

EMF Twin Peaks Mini Podcast - Outtake Jams

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:09 am

In making a podcast, sometimes the problem is finding the right music for what you want to say.
    Other times, you have too many good tracks.

Enjoyed Purpleblues podcast so much, as realised we could have had even further 'twinning' but for some last minute changes. So I did an 'outtake' mini -podcast in response - a twin of PB's twin.

A Deep Purple cover, a Stevie Salas cut, a different cut from Cee Lo, Eric Gales, Sharon and my own favs of Lulu and Stress...all artists featured on the original twin podcasts with tracks that are too good to just leave out

Whereas the original Twin Peaks podcasts has music reflecting the "textured tapestry of talent," this is a Guitar Funk Jam

mediafire.com ?ubyr3hkn95ze0wx

.."Grooves and grooves up on the shelf"

Last edited by Mace2theO on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
    purpleblues1

Re: EMF Twin Peaks Mini Podcast - Outtake Jams

Post by purpleblues1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:55 am

sorry for delay in reviewing, but family lunch duty called..
    So let's cue the music....
    A live review, as it plays, I type...
    I know and love that riff - Deep Purple's "Burn", but with a funky middle eight....
    Thisis a riff drenched podcast, as the chorus of the first tune gets thefeet tapping, the air guitar is never far away , takes me back towatching Glenn Hughes in October when he showed who the true "Voice Of(Funky) Rock is.. great evening.
    A 5 afro start, but the pace doesn't let up - We are off on a Maceo Rockin' road trip of the highest funky order...
    The track two - Funkadelic vs The Rolling Stones .. this too is a great riff laden monster of a track.... groovy and catchy.
    Track 3 - more riffs, an unfamiliar voice , but gets my vote.
    Thenonto the funkmeister, Stevie Salas, mixing it up , as ever, this timehis Hendrix vibe blending with Bootsy's rubber bass to give us a scentof Living Colour, a tone of Prince, some Was (Not was ) twists and awhole that exceeds the expectation of the parts.
    Track 4 - Ceelofrom the archive - his best Deep urban funk mode, more Cameo thanCeeLo, but a good pounding of funk never the less.
    So , what's next.This podcast ooozes deep 'n' dirty funk, sliced up by riffs to make arocker smile yet remaining on message throughout.
    The name's new tome, but Lulu Hughes is one to check out - Is that a French accent Ihear, above some nice big Steve Cropper inspired Rhythm guitar andthose Labelle style vocals and horns?
    This is taking me back to theworld of leather coats, 'fro's, bandana's and flares... hints ofParliament, flashes of JB,a hint of Keef Richards slashed guitar- ifthis is retro, I'm all for a trip down to Nostalgia Avenue ...
    Thenwe have a rhodes piano, then a drum pattern and a slow, mournful organwith a duet of emotional soul layered in .. A classic hurtin' man song,Hall and Oates harmonies, but the rhythm is relentless, pounding awayat your defenses until you surrender and let the song wash over as thesax floods over it.

well there you go - it was Daryll Hall....

And finally, Eric Gales, Custard Pie, funking Zeppelin!!!
    Ifirst heard this on a "House Of Blues" Cd called "Whole Lotta Blues"which is a great selection of blues interpretations of zeppelinclassics. It includes a driving "Heartbreaker" from Alvin 'Youngblood 'Hart, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown re-inventing "Rock n Roll" and EricGales wrestling with a funk driving "Trampled Underfoot"
    In fact it's so good I might have to base a podcast around it
    GreatPodcast ,Maceo, Stress sound really good ( track 2, and they featureKarl Wallinger, another musical hero so will check them out to.
    Right, that's it, on the fly review written, Kid Rock on the Hifi,let's see if he can match your funk n rock mix..
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:53 pm

purpleblues1 wrote:sorry for delay in reviewing, but family lunch duty called..
    So let's cue the music....
    A live review, as it plays, I type...
    I know and love that riff - Deep Purple's "Burn", but with a funky middle eight....
    Thisis a riff drenched podcast, as the chorus of the first tune gets thefeet tapping, the air guitar is never far away , takes me back towatching Glenn Hughes in October when he showed who the true "Voice Of(Funky) Rock is.. great evening.
    A 5 afro start, but the pace doesn't let up - We are off on a Maceo Rockin' road trip of the highest funky order...
    The track two - Funkadelic vs The Rolling Stones .. this too is a great riff laden monster of a track.... groovy and catchy.
    Track 3 - more riffs, an unfamiliar voice , but gets my vote.
    Thenonto the funkmeister, Stevie Salas, mixing it up , as ever, this timehis Hendrix vibe blending with Bootsy's rubber bass to give us a scentof Living Colour, a tone of Prince, some Was (Not was ) twists and awhole that exceeds the expectation of the parts.
    Track 4 - Ceelofrom the archive - his best Deep urban funk mode, more Cameo thanCeeLo, but a good pounding of funk never the less.
    So , what's next.This podcast ooozes deep 'n' dirty funk, sliced up by riffs to make arocker smile yet remaining on message throughout.
    The name's new tome, but Lulu Hughes is one to check out - Is that a French accent Ihear, above some nice big Steve Cropper inspired Rhythm guitar andthose Labelle style vocals and horns?
    This is taking me back to theworld of leather coats, 'fro's, bandana's and flares... hints ofParliament, flashes of JB,a hint of Keef Richards slashed guitar- ifthis is retro, I'm all for a trip down to Nostalgia Avenue ...
    Thenwe have a rhodes piano, then a drum pattern and a slow, mournful organwith a duet of emotional soul layered in .. A classic hurtin' man song,Hall and Oates harmonies, but the rhythm is relentless, pounding awayat your defenses until you surrender and let the song wash over as thesax floods over it.

well there you go - it was Daryll Hall....

And finally, Eric Gales, Custard Pie, funking Zeppelin!!!
    Ifirst heard this on a "House Of Blues" Cd called "Whole Lotta Blues"which is a great selection of blues interpretations of zeppelinclassics. It includes a driving "Heartbreaker" from Alvin 'Youngblood 'Hart, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown re-inventing "Rock n Roll" and EricGales wrestling with a funk driving "Trampled Underfoot"
    In fact it's so good I might have to base a podcast around it
    GreatPodcast ,Maceo, Stress sound really good ( track 2, and they featureKarl Wallinger, another musical hero so will check them out to.
    Right, that's it, on the fly review written, Kid Rock on the Hifi,let's see if he can match your funk n rock mix..

For you

Cheers
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Just in case you were looking for still more member podcasts to listen to
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:16 am

Listened to this one a few days ago (before the snow came)

As expected: great guitar driven songs (if I remember well).
    What I noticed most, though, was a slightly new approach to DJ-ing?! Maceo sounded more fiery and more playful in his inbetween songs banter! I liked that!
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:26 am

Ymaginatif wrote:Listened to this one a few days ago (before the snow came)

As expected: great guitar driven songs (if I remember well).
    What I noticed most, though, was a slightly new approach to DJ-ing?! Maceo sounded more fiery and more playful in his inbetween songs banter! I liked that!

Yes, my first Twin Peaks was a bit on the mellow side as I knew Purpleblues would be bringing the guitars, but had guitar driven tracks decided to put them here. As was very spontaneous, think it does indeed show in the mic work. We have to regain my mojo as such for future podcasts.

Thanks for noticing...and listening!
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Mace2theO wrote:EMF Twin Peaks Mini Podcast - Outtake Jams

In making a podcast, sometimes the problem is finding the right music for what you want to say.
    Other times, you have too many good tracks.

Enjoyed Purpleblues podcast so much, as realised we could have had even further 'twinning' but for some last minute changes. So I did an 'outtake' mini -podcast in response - a twin of PB's twin.

A Deep Purple cover, a Stevie Salas cut, a different cut from Cee Lo, Eric Gales, Sharon and my own favs of Lulu and Stress...all artists featured on the original twin podcasts with tracks that are too good to just leave out

Whereas the original Twin Peaks podcasts has music reflecting the "textured tapestry of talent," this is a Guitar Funk Jam

mediafire.com ?ubyr3hkn95ze0wx

.."Grooves and grooves up on the shelf"

As learned from scoop, this is an unsolicited 'bump' for guitar driven funk

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:32 pm