Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Collecting Prince? It's Xstasy!!

CKJ505

Re: Collecting Prince? It's Xstasy!!

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Lordy you are picking out the best of the best, posters with albums and original stickers. When you said you were collecting you were not 'messin about'

Maxim had a cool idea a few months back to get (of course under our payment) some very very exclusive "Entropy Rude Boy" Badges just like the one on the Controversy Album cover. I would pay, would you? Nudge nudge wink wink. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:46 pm

CKJ505 wrote:Lordy you are picking out the best of the best, posters with albums and original stickers. When you said you were collecting you were not 'messin about'

Maxim had a cool idea a few months back to get (of course under our payment) some very very exclusive "Entropy Rude Boy" Badges just like the one on the Controversy Album cover. I would pay, would you? Nudge nudge wink wink. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

yeah, I need to do some of those I've almost forgotten

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:53 pm

maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:Lordy you are picking out the best of the best, posters with albums and original stickers. When you said you were collecting you were not 'messin about'

yeah, I need to do some of those I've almost forgotten

Thanks to X for reminding me to remind you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Maxim had a cool idea a few months back to get (of course under our payment) some very very exclusive "Entropy Rude Boy" Badges just like the one on the Controversy Album cover. I would pay, would you? Nudge nudge wink wink.

Oh that sounds really cool, how much would it be?? And if only everyone else does it (lol I'm sounding like a total teenager right there). But yeah that would be cool. A little case of conformity goin' on I would love to have one with "Rude Girl".
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Xstasy wrote:

Oh that sounds really cool, how much would it be?? And if only everyone else does it (lol I'm sounding like a total teenager right there). But yeah that would be cool. A little case of conformity goin' on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I would love to have one with "Rude Girl".

You should look up the history of the Rude Boy badge, it was a Punk thing

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:36 pm

maxim9691 wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:

Maxim had a cool idea a few months back to get (of course under our payment) some very very exclusive "Entropy Rude Boy" Badges just like the one on the Controversy Album cover. I would pay, would you? Nudge nudge wink wink.

Oh that sounds really cool, how much would it be?? And if only everyone else does it (lol I'm sounding like a total teenager right there). But yeah that would be cool. A little case of conformity goin' on I would love to have one with "Rude Girl".

You should look up the history of the Rude Boy badge, it was a Punk thing

I'm a bit familiar with the the Rude Boy badge. Read about it when I first started doing my research about Prince about two years back. He got it from Europe with the new wave craze over there that was happening. And the loose ties and suits came with it into play
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:54 pm

THE "ABSURDITY OF COLLECTING" CONFESSIONALS:

# 1

Isn't it a bit silly to own 10 sealed copies of Planet Earth, handed out at the O2 shows...to then go out and pay money for the US hologram version. There are days when Mrs Maceo says she doesn't really understand the 'absurdity of collecting' and I realize I don't either...

...it's not even a rare copy, let alone not a great album....but I had to have it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I feel so ashamed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Any other 'absurdity of collecting' confessionals out there?

EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Mace2theO wrote:THE "ABSURDITY OF COLLECTING" CONFESSIONALS:

# 1

Isn't it a bit silly to own 10 sealed copies of Planet Earth, handed out at the O2 shows...to then go out and pay money for the US hologram version. There are days when Mrs Maceo says she doesn't really understand the 'absurdity of collecting' and I realize I don't either...

...it's not even a rare copy, let alone not a great album....but I had to have it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You make me feel good as I only had 5 copies before I paid out for an Import Copy of the CD in a shop in Drogheda.
    Yeah it was over priced but I was getting the cool disappearing graphic thing free with it! Cool
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Yep, I have 9 Planet Earths, 1 concert one, did not buy the hologram one.

Also, have 11 20Ten's, gave away 5 I think... scratch

Mrs CK one day will call the doctor...I call him Fink! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Jfrost wrote:

# 1

You make me feel good as I only had 5 copies before I paid out for an Import Copy of the CD in a shop in Drogheda.
    Yeah it was over priced but I was getting the cool disappearing graphic thing free with it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Funny enough, I just found 2 additional copies of PE, from when it was in the Daily Mail...square edge is the only difference

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Mace2theO wrote:
    Jfrost wrote:

# 1

Yeah it was over priced but I was getting the cool disappearing graphic thing free with it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Funny enough, I just found 2 additional copies of PE, from when it was in the Daily Mail...square edge is the only difference

Seeming that this is X's topic, you could sent her a few! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:45 pm

If they were vinyl, perhaps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Mace2theO wrote:If they were vinyl, perhaps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think X will accept anything purple, you name it she wants it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:18 pm

# 1

Have you opened any of the O2 round cornered versions ? Just wondered if the artwork varied -
    BTW- send me 9 copies so that your wife will feel better about your collecting Laughing

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:30 pm

CKJ505 wrote:
    Mace2theO wrote:If they were vinyl, perhaps

I think X will accept anything purple, you name it she wants it.

lol he ain't lyin'. Anything Prince = DESIRED
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:57 am

Mace2theO wrote:

The greatest absurdity though was the way Maceo glued them all to the ceiling?!

I don't have all that many copies of albums. I guess I only want to duplicate all my CDs on vinyl versions - which, when you think about it, is pretty absurd too ...

The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:30 am

Ymaginatif wrote:
    Mace2theO wrote:

The greatest absurdity though was the way Maceo glued them all to the ceiling?!

I don't have all that many copies of albums. I guess I only want to duplicate all my CDs on vinyl versions - which, when you think about it, is pretty absurd too ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...optical illusion! They are on the floor, but I took it at angle to get both images on the US cover.

It made sense at the time, but having all these free duplicates and then paying money for the same thing due to the cover makes me very shallow

...but thanks to Y, I feel better as a photographer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:18 pm

These came altogether in the post today!

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:30 am

Miss X, All in 'Mint Condition' !
    Very nice posters? What next? cheers

Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 am

The walls of your brother's X-room will be unrecognizable! Laughing

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:19 am

Ymaginatif wrote:The walls of your brother's X-room will be unrecognizable!

Haha! That idea is funny,
    But sadly, I can't hang them up yet until I move into my new cubbyhole soon. So they will have to stay in the big poster tube. Plus my brother has a tendency to come home on every break, so I can't get a break, lol. I have to pack, repack, pack up, repack up my Purple Possessions and move back and forth between my room and his room everytime he comes back for a visit.

CKJ505 wrote:Miss X, All in 'Mint Condition' !
    Very nice posters? What next? cheers

lol only time will tell. I have to leave soon 4 Chicago on Friday, so I won't be posting on "what's new" till after the new year because all my new purple stuff will be in my room waiting on me in packages til I return.

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Let's Work (Long)/Gotta' Stop Messin' About
    Controversy (Long)/Controversy (Edit) Promo
    Let's Go Crazy/Take Me With U/Erotic City

Let's Work (Long)/Let's Work (Edit) Promo
    Do Me Baby/Private Joy Promo

1999/Free/Automatic Promo
    Delirious (Long)/Delirious (Edit) Promo

Dirty Mind/Dirty Mind (Edit) Promo
    When U Were Mine/Gotta' Broken Heart Again/Uptown Promo
    Uptown (Edit)/Uptown (Long) Promo

Still Waiting/Why U Wanna Treat Me So Bad/Sexy Dancer
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:26 am

Shocked

I see about ... what is it ... $300-400 worth of vinyl lying there? Could be more?!

Of all the above, I have the Let's Go Crazy 12" ... Twice. tongue

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:16 am

Old skool vinyl! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    I can see you are getting into the swing of things now... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Get them now while you have a chance as student life will eat into your crock of gold! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:29 am

Lol thanks u guys, yes I am gettin' pretty good at it! And I don't even buy from sellers who don't answer my pin-point questions of authenticity. So that also saves me money, hehe

And Y, u won't believe, but I only spent $30 Very Happy

Ya'll already know I had to get unsealed copy of the Controversy promo so I could actually listen to it, hehe. The funny thing about this package is that I thought it was lost in the mail! Because it didn't get mailed to my house. The story is that a letter that I had sent had came back to me in the mail because the postage had fell off, so I was pretty sour about that, so about two days later (yesterday) I went to the post to mail it again. Then something told me to check for package pickup. I asked the man and gave him my address. He came with a big box for little ol' me. I was soooo happy, it was like Xmas already. I thanked God so much and took my box in the car and opened it, while me and Momma X were at bus station waiting an hour and half for my brother to return home for Xmas break
    And best believe it was the box of records! yay!! All either near mint or mint. The Sexy Dancer promo looks really unplayed, not even those light scribbles on the record label from the needle. And all of them have that "new record smell"

I hurried up and emailed the guy who hooked me up with them and he was equally happy that we both didn't lose out. Transaction complete!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:33 am