Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Collecting Prince? It's Xstasy!!

Re: Collecting Prince? It's Xstasy!!

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Looks like the Strange Tales from the Rain is on Ebay.

Anyway, this came in the post today!

2XLP 1999 Promo

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Yay! SO happy this finally came in the mail! I still gotta' wipe it down, but I wanted to share it quickly.

Vinyl
    Dirty Mind promotional copy (Near Mint, baby!)
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:22 pm

Xstasy wrote:Yay! SO happy this finally came in the mail! I still gotta' wipe it down, but I wanted to share it quickly.

Very nice X, something just a bit more special about promo's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With all this spending, looks like your not going to New York. Cry

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:38 pm

CKJ505 wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:Yay! SO happy this finally came in the mail! I still gotta' wipe it down, but I wanted to share it quickly.

Very nice X, something just a bit more special about promo's

Lol exactly. Wish I could, but can't. No chaperon to take me. Dad's too scared to fly, and Mom...wouldn't even think about it. Have the funds, but no chaperon Cry
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Xstasy wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:

Very nice X, something just a bit more special about promo's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lol exactly. Wish I could, but can't. No chaperon to take me. Dad's too scared to fly, and Mom...wouldn't even think about it. Have the funds, but no chaperon Cry

Now there's a hint for all our American members, come on guys!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "We like funky music"

affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "who's the lady?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Officer this is X"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Where you guys headed?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Madison for the concert of the year"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Really, who playing?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Who's playing!?!" Don't you know?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "If I knew that I would not have asked"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "You tell him X"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Say again...I like funky music"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "I hear you X, you guys carry on"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Thanks Officer, by the way, do you collect records?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Sure do, I have a huge boy-band collection, New Kids on the Block, Take That, Westlife and of course Boyzone"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Bye Officer"

purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:11 pm

CKJ505 wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "We like funky music"

affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "who's the lady?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Officer this is X"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Where you guys headed?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Madison for the concert of the year"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Really, who playing?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Who's playing!?!" Don't you know?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "If I knew that I would not have asked"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "You tell him X"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Say again...I like funky music"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "I hear you X, you guys carry on"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Thanks Officer, by the way, do you collect records?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Sure do, I have a huge boy-band collection, New Kids on the Block, Take That, Westlife and of course Boyzone"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Bye Officer"

blues bros blues bros blues bros

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:18 pm

CKJ505 wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:

"We like funky music"

affraid

"who's the lady?"

"Officer this is X"

"Where you guys headed?"

"Madison for the concert of the year"

"Really, who playing?"

"Who's playing!?!" Don't you know?

"If I knew that I would not have asked"

"You tell him X"

"Say again...I like funky music"

"I hear you X, you guys carry on"

"Thanks Officer, by the way, do you collect records?"

"Sure do, I have a huge boy-band collection, New Kids on the Block, Take That, Westlife and of course Boyzone"

"Bye Officer"

LOL Now that's what I'm talkin about! Now if that ever happened that we all went to NY to c my man, I would be satisfied 4 Life...

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:50 pm

CKJ505 wrote:

Yeah, the guy who was selling it obviously didn't know what he had. First of all it was only $6.00. Second, it looked like someone attempted at removing the Uptown sticker, but stopped quickly enough that it doesn't look bad at all. Also check out the description for the item.

Record Condition: excellent
    Cover Condition: vg++ with a few stickers on front
    He makes it sound like a bad thing, lol. But great guy though, for selling it Very Happy

End of my little "poke-fun"
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 am

Lucky X again!!

Find that chaperon! Even Raserisk will do! Or ask M8! Who else is there in the vicinity? Maxim? Seeing Prince live is worth all the effort - and he's on a roll now!

The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:25 am

^^ I know right?!
    "Gotta' go, got to - UPTOWN!!!"

BTW, lovin' the new thread title! lol
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:51 am

Xstasy wrote:^^ I know right?!

When were you considering going to NYC?...now the some of the dates have been changed

EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:28 am

Mace2theO wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:^^ I know right?!

When were you considering going to NYC?...now the some of the dates have been changed

Back in October when I first heard about it. Yeah I know, only the first New Jersey date has been change from the 14th to the 15th. And also he added one more New York date for January 18th
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:24 am

Will be in the US for the holidays, and a 75% chance that I will slip away from the family in Pittsburgh to come to NYC for the 29th show - a gift from Mrs Maceo for all the extra childcare coverage

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Mace2theO wrote:Will be in the US for the holidays, and a 75% chance that I will slip away from the family in Pittsburgh to come to NYC for the 29th show - a gift from Mrs Maceo for all the extra childcare coverage

Oh that sounds cool! I hope u get to go
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Xstasy wrote:
    Mace2theO wrote:Will be in the US for the holidays, and a 75% chance that I will slip away from the family in Pittsburgh to come to NYC for the 29th show - a gift from Mrs Maceo for all the extra childcare coverage

Oh that sounds cool! I hope u get to go [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

btw, the gift from Mrs Maceo was permission to go...not a ticket [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Mace2theO wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:

Oh that sounds cool! I hope u get to go [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

btw, the gift from Mrs Maceo was permission to go...not a ticket [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You have conquered 90% of the mountain! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Nice!!! cheers

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Hey you guys! Introducing something I consider RARE to a newbie collector like myself...

YAY!!!

SEALED Promo copy of Controversy!! Yay!! And only $13

I'm happy
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Xstasy wrote:Hey you guys! Introducing something I consider RARE to a newbie collector like myself...

YAY!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SEALED Promo copy of Controversy!! Yay!! And only $13 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] happy

There must be holiday sales on...13.00? A Steal! & Sealed, 10/10!

When are you going to open it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:42 pm

CKJ505 wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:Hey you guys! Introducing something I consider RARE to a newbie collector like myself...

YAY!!!

SEALED Promo copy of Controversy!! Yay!! And only $13

I'm happy

There must be holiday sales on...13.00? A Steal! & Sealed, 10/10!

When are you going to open it?

LOL I know right? These people don't know what they have! But they're all blessings though, and I'm grateful for the bargains.

I was too enthusiastic about it in front of Momma X and she totally didn't understand its rarity because it's sealed. I was like 'guess how much this is worth!?" she was like "What? 2 cents?" I'm like 'No! This is worth millions!" lol But yeah I'm happy. I couldn't wait to share

Oh, I'm not gonna open it lol, I'm getting another one later on this week. So I can have one I can listen to, and one I can treasure with its sealability, lol
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:29 am

who are 'these people'?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't even know it existed - but yes: found it on sleevographia, so it's real Laughing

congratulations!

PS I wonder hop hard it is these days to re-shrink-wrap and album?! I might be on to something here tongue

The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 am

Ymaginatif wrote:who are 'these people'?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't even know it existed - but yes: found it on sleevographia, so it's real Laughing

congratulations!

PS I wonder hop hard it is these days to re-shrink-wrap and album?! I might be on to something here tongue

Note- My Comment is not aimed at X, if she enjoys it then good for her.

No it's not very had to shrink wrap something, here in my town the local grocery store charges to shrink wrap stuff.
    The value for prince stuff is just not very high and I don't imagine it going up anytime soon.
    This is good for collectors but they are truly collecting for the fun of it.
    I don't really believe it's for the music, because there are better versions to be had for nearly nothing.

For example Vintage Stock who is a good sized new and used record store chain in the midwest (US)
    They will not buy Prince vinyl and they will pay no more than $1 per Prince CD
    I can't really blame them since Prince stuff is not selling
    I visit 3 of their chains and I always check the Prince section, even though I know there will be nothing for me to buy there.
    I simply have a look to see whats new to that section, and very rarely does anything new appear and or anything that was in stock disappear via a purchase.
    The only thing that was bought besides things purchased by me, was a \"illegal music\" CD entitled "Prince 80" , I think they wanted $5 for it and it was rough.
    When I say ROUGH I mean scratched Jewel Case and a picture sleeve that was printed off on someone's home computer.
    But after a few weeks it was grabbed by someone, either that or the store removed it.

There are a few factors that has created this situation here
    Prince's battle with the record company really damaged his trust with retailers
    Prince not having hit singles to support record sales due to his inability to market his own music

Let's face it people, it's fun for us to talk about the music - but as for it having any future value ? I think not
    For example those japanese shm-cd's didn't even sale and you would have thought the fans that wanted a better quality sound would have bought those.

m823527

Post by m823527 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:43 am

Great for you, X! It's always nice to find something 'new' and that special feeling you get when complete the transaction.

I know how tough it is to find new stuff these days - ur right Max, P stuff isn't selling. I was lucky to happen into a used CD shop and find the Man O' War promo single for a quarter. Other than that, I haven't anything worth mentioning in a long time.

I just saw Strange Tales go for $188 on ebay - r u kidding me? I paid $350 when I bought it and got $450 for it when I had to sell it. So sad.
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Maybe Not the Music.... But Look what a REAL Poster from a concert or Tour Cost.... Unbelievable! And People buy it. Weird

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Got this too!

Oh yes... the stickerrrrrrrr

I really can't wait to listen to these, I'm just sooo excited for Xmas break so I can get my player! The reason why I started collecting is to get the ol-skool sound of Prince's vinyl records, to somewhat have the experience that you all had when you first started collecting and listening to music on the record players. I'm sick of digesting computer-tech audio 4 now, I just want to experience the original, at least to the best that I can. Call it living in denial, lol.

But as for the shrink wrap stuff, I can understand if the jacket itself has fuzzy edges and busted up, then I'd consider re-shrinking, but I can tell from my believing and look of the record that it's legitimate.
    But it is something to think about... kinda scary.

Well, Prince material will always be considered valuable to me. I'm just glad it is "lowered in price" for cheapy ppl like myself, if it is so. But anything from the past and is original from a legend is really special, and will continue to hold more value than it previously held.

That's my rant

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:23 pm