Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Collecting Prince? It's Xstasy!!

Re: Collecting Prince? It's Xstasy!!

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm

^^ Oooo!!! Very nice Maceo! I see that Parade LP sticking out with the sticker on it (Very cool) And the books on vinyl!? Oh wow, I mean I heard of some, but those selections are too cool. U should carve out some purple Maceo time and revisit the stacks at Momma Maceo's house. But being a family man and all with more important responsibilities, I know that's prolly near impossible .
    But hopefully you're current enuf with Momma Maceo to know ur precious storage is still there... . I've heard too many horror stories of parents "cleaning" out the basements and attics, if u know what I mean. Prolly get a nice room 4 them maybe? lol paint it purple and everything, just an idea, hehe
    But thanks 4 sharing ur collection pics! Always great to see sealed items, especially cassettes! Wow, that's amazing. Do/did u have two of each so you viewed them back in the day?

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Finally got it Very Happy

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:40 am

Xstasy wrote:^^ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Oooo!!! Very nice Maceo! I see that Parade LP sticking out with the sticker on it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (Very cool) And the books on vinyl!? Oh wow, I mean I heard of some, but those selections are too cool. U should carve out some purple Maceo time and revisit the stacks at Momma Maceo's house. But being a family man and all with more important responsibilities, I know that's prolly near impossible [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
    But hopefully you're current enuf with Momma Maceo to know ur precious storage is still there... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I've heard too many horror stories of parents "cleaning" out the basements and attics, if u know what I mean. Prolly get a nice room 4 them maybe? lol paint it purple and everything, just an idea, hehe
    But thanks 4 sharing ur collection pics! Always great to see sealed items, especially cassettes! Wow, that's amazing. Do/did u have two of each so you viewed them back in the day?

Ha Ha you got that right!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Had to fight to move the P collection (and 70's funk+) indoors from the garage, thus the 'shared' bookcase. Delivering on the grandchild has at least taken some of the pressure off

Mom and I had the original fight for storage over my 70's comic books, which are also stored in garage (but with better care than the vinyl) - once I showed her what they are worth, the question became 'when are you going to sell them?' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I see Maceo has got a copy of the ultra rare deluxe boxset of the very obscure Prince protégé 'Name Cards'?!! The band split up after Prince changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

a pity, because they already had 10,000 printed!
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I see Maceo has got a copy of the ultra rare deluxe boxset of the very obscure Prince protégé 'Name Cards'?!! The band split up after Prince changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

a pity, because they already had 10,000 printed!

Name Cards got its name from the filing system used by P's 80's engineer Susan Rogers, from whose personal collection it came. It includes a version of Roadhouse Garden with Paul McCartney, from when his tour came through Uptown.

Sadly, my copy is a reel-to-reel tape and Mom's player broke years ago [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maxim, do you recall some of the other tracks that were on "Name Cards?"

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:38 pm

^ Interesting... never knew of Name Cards . That's something new. Maybe b/c I haven't read any literature pertaining to shortly b4 and after his name change. I stopped reading DMSR after Grafitti Bridge

Very cool nevertheless! Very Happy Surely rare, what was their sound? Like what direction did Prince guide them to? Or was it another purple fantasy group that basically did poor covers of Prince songs (literally... hehe)
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:38 am

Ah ... I think only Maxim has an original copy of the Name Cards album ... I never got my hands on it. It's supposed to be a little more poppy, due to the Paul McCartney input. The title track had a frog chorus in it, and was something about standing not very far away from each other. Typical Prince.

Doesn't DMSR stop with Lovesexy? I didn't think it even reached Grafitti Bridge?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 am

Ymaginatif wrote:

Doesn't DMSR stop with Lovesexy? I didn't think it even reached Grafitti Bridge?

Ohh okay, it was some book I had stopped early at....
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:31 am

Ymaginatif wrote:Ah ... I think only Maxim has an original copy of the Name Cards album ... I never got my hands on it. It's supposed to be a little more poppy, due to the Paul McCartney input. The title track had a frog chorus in it, and was something about standing not very far away from each other. Typical Prince.

the version scoop sent me had a peroxided new wave singer on a version of that, they were singing about standing too close to each other whilst waiting for some female called Roxanne who had a raspberry beret...
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:04 am

purpleblues1 wrote:
    Ymaginatif wrote:Ah ... I think only Maxim has an original copy of the Name Cards album ... I never got my hands on it. It's supposed to be a little more poppy, due to the Paul McCartney input. The title track had a frog chorus in it, and was something about standing not very far away from each other. Typical Prince.

the version [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] sent me had a peroxided new wave singer on a version of that, they were singing about standing too close to each other whilst waiting for some female called Roxanne who had a raspberry beret...

No no! THAT's a FAKE! Didn't you hear that was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]'s own overdubbed Sting impersonation on what is original an instrumental called 'Susannah's Dressing Gown' on the Name Cards album. Poor Purpleblues, you fell for [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]'s fake [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 am

Ymaginatif wrote:
    purpleblues1 wrote:

the version [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] sent me had a peroxided new wave singer on a version of that, they were singing about standing too close to each other whilst waiting for some female called Roxanne who had a raspberry beret...

No no! THAT's a FAKE! Didn't you hear that was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]'s own overdubbed Sting impersonation on what is original an instrumental called 'Susannah's Dressing Gown' on the Name Cards album. Poor Purpleblues, you fell for [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]'s fake [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I did question the bizarre Bavarian accent, but scoop explained it was due to Sting immersing himself in the local indigenous population prior to his famous "Save The Bratwurst Forest" campaign of 2001....
    That'll teach me...

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Xstasy wrote:

1999 (w/o DMSR)
    Thought it would be pretty cool 2 pick this up since it's sourced from the original single 1999 LP

When CD technology was created and albums were released on CD, D.M.S.R. was left off the initial releases of 1999
    as the time limit on CDs was 74 minutes at the time. As CD capacities
    increased, however, the track was added to the tracklist again.

Sourced from Prince Vault
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Xstasy wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:

1999 (w/o DMSR)
    Thought it would be pretty cool 2 pick this up since it's sourced from the original single 1999 LP

When CD technology was created and albums were released on CD, D.M.S.R. was left off the initial releases of 1999

By the way your collection is going, you have a vault of your own, the X Vault! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:25 pm

CKJ505 wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:

1999 (w/o DMSR)

By the way your collection is going, you have a vault of your own, the X Vault!

Lol I'm sure there are bigger ones but thanks CKJ . With the new job I just got, I'm sure they'll be more to come!!! Yay!!!
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Xstasy wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:

1999 (w/o DMSR)

By the way your collection is going, you have a vault of your own, the X Vault! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lol I'm sure there are bigger ones but thanks CKJ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . With the new job I just got, I'm sure they'll be more to come!!! Yay!!!

New Job? Time for a new topic X. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:19 pm