Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Collecting Prince? It's Xstasy!!

Collecting Prince? It's Xstasy!!

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Hey Entropians!

This is for anyone that wants to share what's new or what they already have in their purple Prince collection! This can be anything like Books, Mags, Vinyl, CD, Jewelry, & other memorabilia. Lists, descriptions, and pics are welcome, so feel free 2 share! I'm sure we're all interested no matter how many times we've seen the stuff

Like me, as all of u kno, I've been on the hunt for Prince vinyl via Ebay. And here's what I got so far...

CDs (all sealed)
    For You
    Prince
    Dirty Mind
    Controversy
    Purple Rain
    Around the World In A Day (not sealed)

Vinyl
    When Doves Cry Promo
    Let's Pretend We're Married/ Irresistible Bitch Maxi Single
    Let's Go Crazy/ Erotic City
    Let's Work/ Gotta Stop Messin' About
    When Doves Cry/ 17 Days
    Around the World In a Day Promo

Re: Collecting Prince? It's Xstasy!!

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:24 pm

And here's what I already have....

Movies
    Purple Rain (1997 & 2004 releases)
    Under the Cherry Moon
    Graffiti Bridge

Books and Mags
    Prince: Inside the Purple Reign by Jon Bream (1984)
    Prince: A Documentary by Per Nilsen (1990)
    SPIN Mag: Purple Rain 25th Anniversary (2009)
    Ebony Mag: The World According to Prince (2010)
    ACT I Tour Book (1993)

Books
    Prince: Life & Times by Jason Draper
    3121: 21 Nights by Prince & Randee St. Nicholas (2008)

CDs
    20TEN (2010) -Special thanks 2 2 Funky ppl! Cool
    Lotus Flow3r/MPL Sound (2009)
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:23 am

Nice pictures X!
    Great to see your collection growing cheers

But my my, somebody's been spending quite a bit of money: do I see a Let's Work 12"??
    Yes, buying that one on ebay already qualifies you as crazy-Prince-fan! Laughing

As for my recent Prince purchases ... they are rare these days. Mainly because everything that's vaguely affordable is already on my shelves Laughing
    A few days ago I was tempted to buy the American Tour T-shirt ... but with shipping costs a bit on the high side, and the price of the T-shirt itself not being particularly low, I cancelled the purchase. Sorry scoop Laughing

The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:09 am

Ymaginatif wrote: Sorry [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

&%*$ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:36 am

Ymaginatif wrote:Nice pictures X!

But my my, somebody's been spending quite a bit of money: do I see a Let's Work 12"??
    Yes, buying that one on ebay already qualifies you as crazy-Prince-fan! Laughing

A few days ago I was tempted to buy the American Tour T-shirt ... but with shipping costs a bit on the high side, and the price of the T-shirt itself not being particularly low, I cancelled the purchase. Sorry scoop Laughing

Thanks Y! Believe it or not, I only got the Let's Work 12" for $3.28 in very good condition! (Not including shipping, which was only $4.00) I'm really excited to listen to that once I get my record player. Laughing I know, I'm supposed to by the listening equipment before the records, but I was too excited to wait. I want the old skool way of listening to vinyl with a mixer and stereo instead of listening thru the computer with a usb record player.

This record collecting business is really exciting might I add! Ppl on the Quake told me to beware that I'd be spending alot of money and might as well not do it keep it, but I never did it before, and it makes me happy to come home everyday with a bbbiiiggggg package waiting for me. It just only makes me think of older ppl who actually went to the record shops to scavenge for rare & newlly released records. So much fun! sunny Now when I started, I did have to return some re-issues and return shipping isn't a joke, so I gotta make sure I ask alotta questions & kno what I want b4 hand, even if it does make the seller a bit irritated, lol. Did I mention Sleevographia also helps a lot?

@ Y: Oh really? I was thinking about getting a shirt too, but then I was like, "Why buy memorabilia when I won't even go to the memorable event?" So sadly, I got off the site & threw the thought aside. That's just me, though, lol.

I can't wait to show you guys what else I'm getting in the mailbox, so stay tuned! Also, please, please please post ur collections, I really wanna see what u top E dogs have. Very Happy This is so my high this year & the next...
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:57 am

X, it's great to see you sharing your new found passion and welcome to the wonderful world of obsessive behavior Smile
    I'm embarrassed to say that I sold all my vinyl years ago as it was a choice between it taking up space or a newly arrived daughter having a room of her own...
    well, here we are , further down the river of time, the Vinyl has been surplanted by CD, DVD ,mp3 and record shops are long gone.
    BUT I now have more music than ever, an ever increasing list of bands, artists and genres that I listen to and the one thing I regret is the vinyl artwork.
    the sound quality was OK if you got a good pressing, but records warp, get scratched , styluses need replacing, so CD through a good system is my personal choice, but reading your thrifty investment record tempts me to just "have a look " on ebay.....

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 am

Xstasy wrote:Hey Entropians!

This is for anyone that wants to share what's new or what they already have in their purple Prince collection! This can be anything like Books, Mags, Vinyl, CD, Jewelry, & other memorabilia. Lists, descriptions, and pics are welcome, so feel free 2 share! I'm sure we're all interested no matter how many times we've seen the stuff [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Like me, as all of u kno, I've been on the hunt for Prince vinyl via Ebay. And here's what I got so far...

CDs (all sealed)
    For You
    Prince
    Dirty Mind
    Controversy
    Purple Rain
    Around the World In A Day (not sealed)

Vinyl
    When Doves Cry Promo
    Let's Pretend We're Married/ Irresistible Bitch Maxi Single
    Let's Go Crazy/ Erotic City
    Let's Work/ Gotta Stop Messin' About
    When Doves Cry/ 17 Days
    Around the World In a Day Promo

Oh Yeah! the vinyl is coming on. More to follow...! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    m823527

Post by m823527 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:29 am

Love seeing new collections. Much like the others, it's been quite a few years since I've added any 'new' so to speak. I may did out some of my collection this weekend and post some pics.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:07 am

The latest addition to my collection is the "Holy River" and "Te Amo Corazon" cd singles. The "Somebody's Somebody" remixes are my favorite at the present moment.
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 am

I did add a few new things to my collection recently
    Even thought I'd already had them in used condition

The Following albums found on CD in new condition
    Diamonds and Pearls
    Graffiti Bridge
    Purple Rain
    Sign of the Times (2 single CD- previously I had the Double Box Cd version)
    Lovesexy
    Spent $12

I also found Enya Watermark for $2 at the same place Very Happy

Previously I'd found ATWIAD the US CD version, I had the Japan CD import that everyone got when it originally came out.

All in All when I run across Prince music in the shops it's very cheap to come by-
    The US has been over Prince for a long time and his stuff just doesn't hold it's value, which is good for me.

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Xstasy wrote:
    Ymaginatif wrote:Nice pictures X!

Yes, buying that one on ebay already qualifies you as crazy-Prince-fan! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A few days ago I was tempted to buy the American Tour T-shirt ... but with shipping costs a bit on the high side, and the price of the T-shirt itself not being particularly low, I cancelled the purchase. Sorry [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks Y! Believe it or not, I only got the Let's Work 12" for $3.28 in very good condition! (Not including shipping, which was only $4.00) I'm really excited to listen to that once I get my record player. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I know, I'm supposed to by the listening equipment before the records, but I was too excited to wait. I want the old skool way of listening to vinyl with a mixer and stereo instead of listening thru the computer with a usb record player.

This record collecting business is really exciting might I add! Ppl on the Quake told me to beware that I'd be spending alot of money and might as well not do it keep it, but I never did it before, and it makes me happy to come home everyday with a bbbiiiggggg package waiting for me. It just only makes me think of older ppl who actually went to the record shops to scavenge for rare & newlly released records. So much fun! sunny Now when I started, I did have to return some re-issues and return shipping isn't a joke, so I gotta make sure I ask alotta questions & kno what I want b4 hand, even if it does make the seller a bit irritated, lol. Did I mention Sleevographia also helps a lot?

@ Y: Oh really? I was thinking about getting a shirt too, but then I was like, "Why buy memorabilia when I won't even go to the memorable event?" So sadly, I got off the site & threw the thought aside. That's just me, though, lol.

I can't wait to show you guys what else I'm getting in the mailbox, so stay tuned! Also, please, please please post ur collections, I really wanna see what u top E dogs have. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This is so my high this year & the next...

Looks like you have confiscated your brother's room for good! affraid [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Maceo is sorta embarrassed to admit he was a collector in the 80's, but thankfully I stopped when I got bored with his music (the first time!). Vinyl, 12", cassettes, promo stuff, etc. Back then it was easy, as you just bought stuff as it came out and my friendly cd store used to sneak me all the promo stuff.

Benefits of being old. Here are some of the 45's...while I'm glad I have them, don't think I could start from scratch now...you go Xstasy!!!

EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:29 pm

the last time i was able to squeeze my Prince collection into one pcture was in ... September 2000.

now i have more, but it doesn't present as nicely anymore ...

fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 pm

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:the last time i was able to squeeze my Prince collection into one pcture was in ... September 2000.

now i have more, but it doesn't present as nicely anymore ...

Waw! I thought I was a nutter... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] oh sorry I am...nice collection Y! You could open your own store in Wales. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Wow Y ur collection is huge! I never felt my eyes get that big before, lol! That's amazing Very Happy

@ Maceo: Aww thanks Maceo. Never 2 old for a hobby, unless the thrill for it dies out w/ time. BTW, that is a nice promo for Purple Rain/God! Really cool Cool

@ PurpleBlues: Thanks PB, yeah I kno one day I'm going to have to come to terms w/ responsibility vs my passion(s). I c it happening 2 all older Princey fans. It's kinda like the "twitterpated" thing in Bambi. U won't think it will happen 2 u, lol. But yeah, go ahead and have a looksies. Some cool stuff on there once every 3-5 days Idea

@CKJ: Yeah CKJ, I totally took over my brother's room. I don't even sleep in my room anymore, cuz all of my entertainment is in the 'Purple Room'! lol. But yeah, soon I have to move all my remnants out of there when he comes back Tuesday for Thanksgiving. But yes, I definitely post the post once it comes!! Very Happy Thanks!

Thanks everyone 4 posting & please keep it up! Never gets old sunny sunny

And I forgot to post my books of what I already have in my collection

Books
    Pop Life by Dave Hill
    Imp of the Perverse by Barney Hoskyns
    DMSR by Per Nilsen
    Possessed by Alex Hahn
    Prince by Jim Feldman
    Prince by Steven Ivory
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:22 am

New to the collection is:

I was on the hunt for a new guitar so here she is. She plays like a peach! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:37 am

CK, one word: waw!

You're a lucky man!

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:41 am

Wow CKJ! That's beautiful!!! She's a beauty. Thanks for the picture. When did that blessing come in ur life??
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:47 am

Xstasy wrote:Wow CKJ! That's beautiful!!! She's a beauty. Thanks for the picture. When did that blessing come in ur life??

Thanks X & Y. (male & female chromosomes) Weird.... affraid

Sad to say it's not the real deal from the late 70's... Embarassed But I had the funds I picked this up cheapish. It's a pretty good copy, plays very well with a beautiful tone. The next project from Y will get a funky injection. afro

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 am

It's still awesome though. Great guitar!
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:46 am

Xstasy wrote:Wow Y ur collection is huge! I never felt my eyes get that big before, lol! That's amazing Very Happy

@ Maceo: Aww thanks Maceo. Never 2 old for a hobby, unless the thrill for it dies out w/ time. BTW, that is a nice promo for Purple Rain/God! Really cool Cool

@ PurpleBlues: Thanks PB, yeah I kno one day I'm going to have to come to terms w/ responsibility vs my passion(s). I c it happening 2 all older Princey fans. It's kinda like the "twitterpated" thing in Bambi. U won't think it will happen 2 u, lol. But yeah, go ahead and have a looksies. Some cool stuff on there once every 3-5 days Idea

@CKJ: Yeah CKJ, I totally took over my brother's room. I don't even sleep in my room anymore, cuz all of my entertainment is in the 'Purple Room'! lol. But yeah, soon I have to move all my remnants out of there when he comes back Tuesday for Thanksgiving. But yes, I definitely post the post once it comes!! Very Happy Thanks!

Thanks everyone 4 posting & please keep it up! Never gets old sunny sunny

And I forgot to post my books of what I already have in my collection
    Books
    Pop Life by Dave Hill
    Imp of the Perverse by Barney Hoskyns
    DMSR by Per Nilsen
    Possessed by Alex Hahn
    Prince by Jim Feldman
    Prince by Steven Ivory

x- The Steve ivory book was the first Prince book that I read back in the 80's. As I remember it was interesting at the time, but I did wear the covers off of it.
    I'd say that Pop Life by Dave Hill was the best Prince book that I've read and it too is beginning to fall apart.

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:50 am

Xstasy wrote:It's still awesome though. Great guitar!

That's what you get when you give up the cigarettes...extra funding quickly builds up. Over here a pack costs €8.55 per pack of 20! I used to buy a pack a day... affraid Do the math... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:09 pm

CKJ505 wrote:
    Xstasy wrote:It's still awesome though. Great guitar!

That's what you get when you give up the cigarettes...extra funding quickly builds up. Over here a pack costs €8.55 per pack of 20! I used to buy a pack a day... affraid Do the math...

Oh wow! Yeah, CKJ, that's great u did quit. That's an expensive habit to keep up. C what u can do w/ the extra funds? Have funner, less-health-damaging, yet equally obsessive habits! lol. I'm glad 4 u.

@ Maxim: Yeah it is interesting! It has more intimate quotes and valuable info than the later books, cuz it's focused on those prime years. Glad I got em'!
    m823527

Post by m823527 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Ok - so I took some pics of my vinyl - I'd say my fav is the Gett Off 12" birthday single:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:34 pm