Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

musings and musical join the dots

purpleblues1

musings and musical join the dots

Post by purpleblues1 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:20 am

The new Robert Plant Cd arrives courtesy of Mr Amazon....having been sent audience recordings of the US warm up dates and read the blogs concerning the UK dates, streamed the video via you tube and resisted the urge to download the CD pre release,or legally stream it via spotify, there is still pleasure to be had from opening the package, placing that little plastic disc into that box and sitting back and anticipating the treats to come...
    and we were treated to a gentle desert sunset of songs , vocal harmonies and instrumental prowess that took us on a journey across the United States of Plant. We got Tex Mex, Deep southern gospel, gothic blues and grungy soul, all mixed and served up in pristine digital quality.
    Then a pile of second hand CD's ... If I was to do a compilation CD ( or Podcast) for the week's listening,
    We'd be getting Michael Powers take on funky blues form his CD "Prodigal son", then a blast of X rated Blues courtesy of Beth Hart ( thanks Scoop for that one),Female singers dominated the week as we also sampled Debbie Davies, Kris Wiley,Alannah Myles, Dana Fuchs & Govt Mule and Sue Foley

Then we had a rock n soul revival, thanks to a recording of the Dukes Of September live, Boz Scaggs, Michael McDonald , Donald Fagen and a full band blasting out a great Soul blues set which sent me off to Donald Fagen's Morph the cat CD, then Dave Edmunds greatest hits, that domino hit the Dion CD's - Bronx in Blue and "Hero"..
    Then it was Michael Franti and Spearhead's social conscious soul and hip hop sent me off to Jazzanova,Chris Thomas King and a blast of Janis Joplin.
    There were also contributions from Eric Gales Band,Deep Purple,Collage,Cadillac Sky,Blue Oyster Cult, and a double dose of Thievery Corporation

Current date/time is Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:32 am