Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

No Boundaries

maxim9691

No Boundaries

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:44 pm

No Boundaries

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tutorial is written for Paint Shop Pro 9. The methods used are compatible with Paint Shop Pro 7, 8 and Paint Shop Pro X. Credits:
    Author:Richie Dumlao
    Inspired by Worth 1000 Photoshop contest
    Image : stock.xchng
    1 Open an existing image. (Tip: Try to find a picture with an object that would look natural extending past the borders). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    2 Convert background layer to raster layer ( Layers > Promote Background Layer ), then duplicate ( Layers > Duplicate ). Hide "Copy of Raster 1" layer by clicking on the Visibility toggle, then make Raster 1 your current layer.
    Your layer palette should look like this. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    3 Pick the Freehand Selection Tooland create selection (perspective looking) as shown in the iguana imagebelow. We are going to make the head and feet look like they aresticking out of the photo. Freehand Selection Settings,

4 Invert current selection by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I and hit Delete key. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    5 Invert current selection for the second time by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I. Contract selection by 8 pixels ( Selections > Modify > Contract ). Once again, invert selection by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I. Pick the Selection tool (S) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and click your mouse once anywhere on the image. Then, Floodfill (F) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] current selection with solid white color. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    6 Deselect active selection by pressing Ctrl+D. Make "Copy of Raster 1"visible and the current active layer. Decrease its opacity until yousee the Raster 1's photo edges. This will be our guide in making aselection. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    7 Let's get to the fun part! Use your favorite selection method to select the head. I prefer to use the lasso tool [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Selection settings:
    Type = Point to point
    Feather = 0
    Smoothing = 0
    Antialias = checked
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] While holding down the Shift key (Add), apply a selection [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] on the feet area of the iguana as shown in the image below. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Your current selection should look similar to this. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    8 Invert selection by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I and hit the Delete key. Increase Copy of Raster 1's opacity back to 100% [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    9 Deselect all selection by pressing Ctrl+D. Make "Raster 1" your active layer. Pick the Mesh Warp tool and drag the highlighted areas slightly to the left. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    10 Pick Selection tool [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and press Ctrl+A key. Click your mouse anywhere on the image to highlight all objects. Add a shadow ( Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow ). My settings :
    Vertical = 5 Horizontal = 5 Opacity = 56 Blur = 5 Color = Black
    11 Deselect all selection by pressing Ctrl+D. Make "Copy of Raster 1" your active layer. Create a small rectangle selection [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] around the feet area and click your mouse once anywhere on the image. This will make a selection on the feet area. Add a shadow ( Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow ). My settings :
    Vertical = 16 Horizontal = 5 Opacity = 56 Blur = 5 Color = Black
    12 Finally, merge all visible layers ( Layers > Merge > Merge Visible ). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ymaginatif

Re: No Boundaries

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:02 am

nice one!!

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:22 pm