Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Entropy Meet Up - Wales 4-5th Sept '10

CKJ505

Re: Entropy Meet Up - Wales 4-5th Sept '10

Post by CKJ505 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:21 pm

I discover that a six speed Toyota Avensis Diesel can do 190km/hr affraid
    I'll repeat what you said there affraid that would have freaked me out no end...

I saw a man walk on the street and asked for better directions, He spoke with the thickest Liverpudlian accent I had ever heard,

"Raight, alll raight, calm down , calm down, wa ya haading? Ga dan tha raight! takke a left, raight! all raight, calm blooody down! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:42 am

and all the time, there I was in Aberystwyth, not knowing how much stress and aggrevation these people were suffering!
    No, I started cleaning the house, then thought 'why bother' (happens a lot to me Laughing )

Then decided that the weather was nice enough to go for a walk, so all four of us strolled along the grassy path over the hill-edge towards Aberystwyth. Beautiful. Passed through the harbour and pointed and laughed at the ships parked there.

Then we went to Ultra Comida - a Spanish tapa bar (another one - this one's only open during the day). It was still early, so I was looking forward to my favorite breakfast: Huevos a la Flamenca (or something like that): a hot ovenpot full of oily vegetables, chorizo, melted cheese and an egg! Mmm. we ordered. Everybody else's breakfast arrived (just toast with cheese) and I waited and I waited ...

Nothing.

When everybody else's breakfast was finished - I stopped the waitress and asked her with a worried voice what was happening (II hadn't seen Frosty at work yet, so I didn't know the proper way to do that yet Laughing). She went to check. There had been a mix-up in the kitchen, and they'd forgotten about me ...
    Aaaw!

Alright - we were all set to go, and no time to order a new one (they would take about 15 minutes to prepare). So we got away with not having to pay anything for our breakfast (as an excuse of some sort and because I must have looked so sad), and me just getting a simple take-away ciabatta (I had to eat something - I'm not one who can survive on Dr Peppers or Chocolate bars ...)

Off to the castle ruins and the playground ... because we had promised Hannah. Hung around there with lots of babies. Pushing Hannah on the swings with one hand, while trying to eat my ciabatta with the other.

OK ... it was 1.30. I felt it was time to go home! Maceo had said they'd be in Aber about 3 PM, but you never know, they might be early!! rofl

The solo-experience: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:18 pm

OK, now we need scoop 's tales of getting from Hanover to Liverpool Very Happy

EMF Radio - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Raserisk

Post by Raserisk on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:06 pm

That's like so awesome, I wish in the U.S it was possible to have these kinds of meet ups but this country is so &%*$ huge.
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:09 pm

So as we settled into the car and said our hellos again my mind turned to the problem of getting out of Liverpool, so, unknown to Scoop and Maceo, I used my Left turn theory, which is keep turning to the second left till up see a sign to help you on your way.
    Third Left and I saw a sign for North Wales and we were away proper! (I could state that if we took the first right we might have saved a tour of the city)

Maceo had given up the shot-gun seat and retired to the back. As mentioned earlier Scoop had given me a present of a couple of CDs and asked for one to play. "Back 2 back" was the first we played a Prince remix type thing which were done by two of Scoops friends. The idea is that one remixes a Prince track and posts it to the other who blends/adds the next track and passes it back, and so it goes on till a CD is full.

It was pretty good, we were funking along quickly getting very comfortable with each others company. Then Scoop made a statement that changed everything........." I need to pee !"
    I'm pretty sure I did a double take, Maceo just laughed, weren't you in a train station for the past hour........Anyways, I promised him that we'd stop. We continued to chat and have the craic. Then Scoop pointed to a petrol station as we passed, "I really need to pee"
    OK then I believed him not to be joking, and I promised myself to pay attention and stop the first chance I got...We hit a Toll Booth which gave us access to a tunnel under the Mersey...not much chance of stopping there.....Coming back above ground Maceo pointed to a sign for North Wales but just over the round about I spotted something else entirely, a KFC, they should have toilets and maybe a little food!
    It turns out that while waiting for me Scoop and Maceo had had lunch!!!! Feckers I was starving!!! Chocolate and Dr.Peppers ain't enough for this boy, So with thoughts of two birds and one stone, I pulled in.

Refueled and relieved we hit the road. I passed my AA Route planner instructions to my co-pilot Scoop which I left me not having to read them and control a car. So we were in Wales proper and Scoop made a point of read aloud every Welsh sign he could see....and there were a lot!

But we made progress, talked about things in our lives as well as Entropy and the hopes the JayTap would be able to join us. Next Scoop asked for the CD to be changed and he put on a CD by a band called IMF and asked us all to Germany to see them play in his home town in December. Now like then my feelings are telling me to go but I'm not sure I'm free that week-end but a Night in Hanover with-out the responsibility of a car and drink driving, sounds like a flyer to me. Update soon. This invite is for the Entropy crew so if interested please contact Fkkscoop!

On we drove. We followed our road and were on the look out for a junction that would bring us onto A470, which we found and turned right.....that wasn't the right choice, but perhaps it was. On we drove happy-out in the Knowledge that we soon will be at our destination. After an hour Scoop pointed out that he felt we were going the wrong way, I wasn't so sure but I felt the need to humour the guy so at the next town it was decided to stop and walk about and just maybe confirm that we were on the right track.
    We stopped at Porthmadog or "Post Ma Dog if you see it". At a touristy train station with its model steam train I asked a lady if she could tell as the way to Ab-be-swarty..."Where?" Abby swamppy! " Come again! College town Aber......! " Ah! right! first off go back the way you came......" DARN!!!

As I reported in to the guys, I noticed a little record shop and decided to go souvenir shopping and was soon joined by Scoop and Maceo. The shop was a gold mine, I could have spent the day there and have been happy out. Each of us made purchases, and Scoop fleshed out a section of his Van Morrison collection. As we left the shop I noticed a small petrol station. I went to make an essential purchase! I went back to the car and handed it to Scoop, We have a Road Map of Wales.

Aberystwryth Here I come!

Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:32 am

I would like to point out that by the time they left Portmadoch, Maceo had the brilliant idea to give me a call with an update! It was 6.30 (!) PM by then, and they were about 60 miles away from Aberswampland!

At that point I thought it was a good idea to have some of the pancakes that Eva + children were having, as it didn't look as if I was going to have my Entropy dinner anytime soon Laughing

fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:35 am

You want the action, you get the action:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry for the bad AudioQuality, but someone waves the babytambourine so heavy that everything blows off.....
    If Y ever will open his Vault then u get the audio in better Quality!But as u can see.....someone had fun in Aberswampyland!!!! Very Happy
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:46 am

I kept waiting for Jfrost to put an eye out with those sticks in video 1

look out Maceo, Look out !!!

Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 am

rofl

Oh yes - it was crazy! Laughing

All the time I thought it was scoop shaking the baby-tambourine in the Scoop song (available as a download in pristine recording quality higher up in this post, for your listening pleasure), but it was funkimaceo?!

PS This must have been about 11.30 PM, with Mrs Y and the two children upstairs, trying to sleep. The amazing thing is: they did!!

Jfrost

Post by Jfrost on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:41 pm

As we left Porthmadog Maceo had an idea, that it might be a good idea to ring Ymaginatif to fill him in on our lateness and so we travelled on. Scoop enjoyed following the Map and reading all the Welsh names and Listening to Van Morrison on the stereo.
    Soon.....well an hour later we were at Aberswamptown and parked in front of the college that is gracious enough to give Ymaginatif top of the range broad-band and look for little or nothing in return.

Maceo rang Ymaginatif again to arrange a meet up The train station was suggested and off the trio went in search of this station. Strangely it was very well sign posted and we found it without any further problems. We parked up in the Maes Parcio Which is obviously the Welsh for Maceo Parker car park.

We had a little walk around and stretched our legs. Some had their eyes stretched when a young lady was spotted wearing what can only be described as a very tight T-shirt and a pair heels...Scoop felt this needed closer inspection but just as he was inching towards this girl Ymaginatif came around the corner. We were together, Ymaginatif told us that Jaytap wasn't gonna Make it but I believe he put in a worthy effort.
    So more Photos were taking as well as the Now famous Kramor shot.

"So what would you like to do ?" asked Ymaginatif.

"Feed us and feed us now!!" was our reply.
    So our gracious host brought us for a walk (Huh! I was sure we said we were hungry) and we got to see the famous strand. Famous for the number of photographs that Ymaginatif has published from there. We even posed for more photos and trusted a complete stranger with Maceo's camera.

So on to food, Ymaginatif gave us a choice of Spanish or Japanese and Spanish was firmly backed by all present. We wondered on in little groups and made our way to the Spanish restaurant to find it fully booked. Plan 2 Japanese. There were plenty of tables available and we were seated next to the window ( This might have been because the staff were feeling lazy and wanted to scare possible customers away.

Menus were brought and choices were made. The scoop Scoop told us that he doesn't like sea-food.......Bit late now!!! He order Chicken!

I haven't eaten Sushi in 15 years and wasn't sure of what to do when the food arrived. I think Scoop picked up on this and said I should try some of the Green Play-doo stuff. I knew it was a trap, but the best way in and through a trap is to dive in!!! This shocked Scoop and he stopped me from eating this doo and said I should perhaps try a piece of it first. Which I did! I was asked to hold it on my tongue for three minutes, which I did. The sensation was of a mild tingling, I think that Scoop was expecting me to grab all drinks on the table to calm the fire, but I didn't point out that for me The hotter the curry the happier I am!

Dinnear was lovely. Itwas decided that it would be a good idea to book into our Hotel which was three or so miles outside of town. Everyone got into the car and off we went, we meet a lovely receptionist who led us to our rooms. We hung for just a few minutes and Made our way to Ymaginatif's house.

Ymaginatif's house here I come!
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:05 am

That's right – with Jfrost driving a staggering 190 kms/houron the winding Welsh roads, they managed, to my surprise, to arrive in Aberlandby 7.45PM. I was just about to doze off when the phone rang. An elated Maceo toinform me that they were waiting for me at the University. At the university?Why on earth at the University? My mind, abruptly woken up, was working at highspeed. No more buses at this time of the night when all honourable Welsh menare already in bed, too much of a hassle to call a taxi, too far to walk. Icould try to give them directions to my house, but then run the risk they wouldtake a wrong turn and end up 2 hours outside Aberystwyth before they realised(I had picked up some of that male directions-who-needs-directions-when-I-can-randomly-drive-aroundvibe though the phone already)?
    I played it safe. 'Why don't we meet in town, at the trainstation?', I suggested. Some hesitation at the other end of the line. 'You'llfind it', I said. 'Straight down he hill, and it's signposted. See you in abit!' and I hung. Sure they were going to find that! It's one road, going downthe hill, making two turns (with no other options available), and then therewas this huge building (huge to Aberystwyth standards) saying 'Gorsaf', whicheverybody knows is Welsh for 'station'.
    I jumped into my shoes and coat (yeah, it was gettingslightly chillier already. The sun had started to go down). Brieflycontemplated using my bike, but then admitting to myself that the thing was soold it would probably break down after 100 meters (and ditto myself)), so Iwalked high-speed to the city centre. Exciting!!!! I had met Maceo before, butJfrost was merely an image in my head, and scoop was not even that!! Crazy!

I did the walk in record time, and decided to sneak up onthem by taking a short cut through the station. I walk out of the front gate,look around ... nobody. Nobody? Yes, suddenly that group of men starts smilingfrantically and I hear Maceo's familiar laugh thundering. There they are! Bighug with Maceo, a polite hand-kiss with Jfrost (who does look like his pictures!),and a hand-shake with Scoop. Scoop, who started to talk to me in a veryhigh-pitched voice. 'Haha, he's joking'. Mental check. 'Is he?!!!' Ohoh, thereARE people that have voices like that. Better stop smiling. Ah – it was a joke... (note: scoop's voice, though 'normal' on the whole has a tendency to be onthe high side with occasional slips into pure falsetto --- he would do a verygood version of 'Kiss'!).

Alright, like Jfrost said, they were hungry. I wasn'tparticularly, as I had had my pancakes, but I never say no to a bit of food.After getting their money out of the car (which was parked in a no-park zone,but hey Irishmen can do anything), we all headed towards the city centre. 20seconds later we were in the city centre. Maceo spotted the sea, and distractedfrom his food, said 'show us the sea'. So we had the little photo-session (morepictures were taken than the ones posted here!),admired the setting sun and headedfor La Taberna. Spanish food is the best, as we all seemed to agree.

Voici my favourite food hang-out:

Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:26 am

As mentioned by JF, unfortunately it was fully booked forthe night. They only have five tables or so. What a pity. I should have beenorganised and have booked a table ...
    So we settled for option two: Wasabi, of which you here seea (small) picture

and

We ate lots, except for scoop, who didn't like any of thefood. Now I know what Hannah will grow into Laughing

After the food, we returned to the car, and I pretended Iknew the way to the Conrah hotel. I sort of did, but I had temporarilyforgotten. Anyway, I made a quick educated guess, and then sat nervously in thecar hoping it was the right one. As it was past 10 PM by then, I was alsoslowly beginning to fall asleep ...

To give you an idea of the lavishness Frostman and Maceo areused to, admire the Conrah hotel:

breakfast:

Scoop wanted to settle for less, and had lobbied for'Harry's Bed & Breakfast' in town. All night long he kept singing thepraises of this simpler etablissement, but in the end he gave in and followedthe Conrah majority.

OK now you know enough Laughing

maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:13 am

A hand-kiss really ? Reminds self to wear gloves when meeting new and strange people [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jfrost

Post by Jfrost on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:07 am

That wasn't our breakfast.
    This is more like it

It was this or porridge!!!
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:14 am

What?! No more kippers?

They've gone downhill!

(Though I wouldn't have said no to the above breakfast - on the condition that they added beans)

Jfrost

Post by Jfrost on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:16 am

Ymaginatif wrote:What?! No more kippers?

They've gone downhill!

(Though I wouldn't have said no to the above breakfast - on the condition that they added beans)
    Each of the three of us refused the beans!!!
    One thing we all had in common! Laughing
    jaytap

Post by jaytap on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:20 am

wow, nice plate...
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Mo' Photos

Liverpool
    (speaking of heads of steam...)

Postmydogtome

Abbyswampland

Seafood confessions

Scoop and his Teddy Bear check out their room

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:31 pm

I never knew Inward Jim and Scoop were so close, Ahhhhhh.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:18 am

Coming later this weekend....featuring the Wales tapes

Be afraid...be very afraid
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:57 am

Mace2theO wrote:Coming later this weekend....featuring the Wales tapes

Be afraid...be very afraid
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I´m afraid....very afraid!!!!
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mace2theO

EMF All Stars - The Aberystwyth Podcast

Post by Mace2theO on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:33 pm

EMF All Stars - The Aberystwyth Podcast

Inspired by the Entropy Meet Up in Wales (4-5th Sept '10)
    - featuring clips and new songs from the now infamous "Wales Tapes" plus artists that were part of soundtrack of the weekend

1. "Welcome"
    2. The Car I
    3. "Scoop's Concert Tips"
    4. The Car II
    5. "Maxim"
    6. Cob cd store I
    7. "Phone Calls"/"Scoop Song"
    8. Cob cd store II
    9. "The Internet is Dead"
    10. Ymaginatif's House
    11. "Danke Schoen"/"It's Gonna Happen"/"German Frost"
    12. The Car III
    13. "Sit Down"

I'm hoping at least 3 people listen to this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Mace2theO on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jfrost

Post by Jfrost on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:56 pm

One dropping right now!!
    Should I be nervous????
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Jfrost wrote:One dropping right now!!
    Should I be nervous????