Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Year examples of why Prince is not the be trusted

maxim9691

Year examples of why Prince is not the be trusted

Post by maxim9691 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Laughing Noticed this list on another website and thought it to very active and somewhat funny
    Funny in the way he uses the press and is always making statements that turn out to be false or ill conceived

1985: Prince announces he will no longer play live, saying he is going to "look for the ladder."

1986: Prince resumes playing live.

1987: Prince records "The Black Album," then decides not to release it, either because he had a religious experience in which he discovered the disc was "evil," because of an experiment with Ecstasy that went wrong, or possibly both. The widely bootlegged "Black Album" was officially released in 1994.

1988: The video for the "Lovesexy" single "Alphabet St." reportedly features Prince holding a sign saying, "Don't buy 'The Black Album.' I'm sorry."

1993: Prince changes his name to a glyph.

1993: Prince writes "slave" on his cheek to protest treatment by his record label.

1994: Prince releases the now-forgotten album "Come." Its cover credit reads: "Prince1958-1993"

2000: Prince becomes Prince again.

June, 2006: Prince, who had been releasing some of his albums online through his NPGMusicClub.com, receives a Webby award for his "visionary" use of the internet.

July, 2006: Prince shuts down NPGMusicClub.com.

2007: Prince threatens to sue fans who use his image, lyrics and likeness on their fan sites. His lawyers ask the fans for "substantive details of the means by which you propose to compensate [Prince] for damages."

2008: As part of an ongoing battle with YouTube over use of his videos, Prince orders blocked all versions of his cover of Radiohead's "Creep," prompting frontman Thom Yorke to say, "Well, tell him to unblock it. It's our...song."

2010: Prince declares Internet over.

I'm sure the Entropians can add some more dates to this list ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    CKJ505

Re: Year examples of why Prince is not the be trusted

Post by CKJ505 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Sure can, Summer 2008, huge concert "promised" for one of the biggest venues in Ireland, the wonderful Croke Park.

Got great tickets well in advance, booked to stay in Dublin a stones throw from venue.Was looking forward to what would have been an excellent concert....

Then BOOM! around 1-2 weeks before the concert..."MCD have issued a statement, " due to unforeseen circumstances the Prince concert has been canceled." give up

Still reeling over that.... :face:

Ok, calm down, calm down, deep breaths.....I'm fine now, it was a long time ago.

The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:40 pm

The hurt never really goes away does it ?

I'm not a big fan but a little over 20 years ago I had Rod Stewart tickets and had even traveled to the city where the show would be
    Once there heard the news that he was ill/sick and had to call off the show.
    Well that's fine and good except the next day it was found out by the news that he had canceled to play a bigger venue in Minnesota the same night.
    Rolling Eyes

A month later I had tickets to 38 special, and the guitar player fell and broke his arm and had to cancel
    I hold no grudge for this one by still haven't forgot getting shorted the ticket price

ElCyC

Post by ElCyC on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:29 am

2010 : for him not calling me in person to invite me to the aftershow
    1993 : same thing
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:53 am

ElCyC wrote:2010 : for him not calling me in person to invite me to the aftershow
    1993 : same thing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] good one!

The Funky Universe "Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful"
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:15 pm

Least we not forget the club promises

NPGMC $100 for a lifetime membership plus at least one album every year delivered to your door
    then $25 for a lifetime membership
    I guess a Lifetime Membership to Prince means the Lifetime of the Website/Club only

I would mention Lotusflow3r but you did get what was promised even though the price was over-inflated

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Prince has said that he would refrain from things in the past. Maxim9691 has mentioned a few already. I remember he said he would sing "Kiss", "Diamonds & Pearls", and other songs live again. I've heard them since then.

This will not stop me from listening to him though. We, his fans, have been very fortunate to a plethora of music to listen to to meet any mood we might be in. To imagine that the same person who wrote "Sometimes It Snows In April" also wrote "Endorphinmachine" is astounding. We have truly been blessed to hear him sing, perform (I've been to 3 concerts), and watch him evolve as an artist is a true joy.

However, there are somethings that you just have to take with a grain of salt. I think Prince and the internet will be one of them. Along with no more live concerts. No release of the Black Album. "If you're always with me, you never have to call me..." etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:35 pm