Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

mail treat

Ymaginatif

mail treat

Post by Ymaginatif on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Yesterday, when I looked into my mailbox, I found a small parcel. The envelope was shiny and new (not the usual re-used and re-used again again Ebay sellers type), and my name and address were carfeully printed out, cut out and celotaped on. The first class 'large' stamp was slightly crumpled, but clean. It looked very clean indeed.

What was this?

It turned out to be a surprise (well, half-a-surprise) packet from Purpleblues' real-life alter ego! Yippee!
    I quickly opened it, briefly admired PB's cool signature, and then feasted my eyes on the contents:

a) a Paul McCartney live DVD
    b) a promo Paul McCartney live CD (that came with a newspaper some years ago - in the UK, the newspapers throw CDs and DVDs at you)
    c) best of all: a custom PB random collection CD! 87 mins (!!!!) of summer selections bythe podcastman himself?! I'm looking forward to this!

So far, no listens/watches yet. But I'll keep you up to date!
    In the meantime: thank you very much Purplegaryblues! Cool
    CKJ505

Re: mail treat

Post by CKJ505 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Kool Y, not a big fan of Macca but kool none the less! I think we should post all of our addresses somewhere in EMC so that we can send each other a Xmas Prezzie , a cris cringle sort of thing, let Maceo draw the lots! What do you think?
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:12 pm

well there's synchronicity for you, I too had a parcel ( or 2 ) waiting for me this evening.
    One was the usual Amazon parcel, this time containing the legacy edition of "Couldn't Stand The Weather " by Stevie Ray Vaughan... the other was hand written , had not one, not two but three pretty pictures of flowers stuck to the top right, it was post marked "Gent", so was obviously for a gentleman such as myself.....
    The slim brown envelope contained much European bubble wrap (EC approved regular smaller bubbles in a hexadecimal grid that had surrounded a single CD and some cuttings in a mysterious language...

Thanks to the De Wilde extended family, I am now the proud possessor of a genuine Belgian ( or is it Flemish) version of 20ten!!!!
    The article looks good, with what appears to be a track by track review, along with some nice pics..
    I'm sure that our linguistics department is working on an English ( rather than scoopish) translation as I type...

A nice habit, this sending of parcelled treats via "postage" , could catch on...
    Think that there could be an opportunity here Mr Amazon....

afro
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Getting parcels from Entropy members is fabulous!

But we better not post our addresses openly. They do get passed on in secrecy --- tehre's a few people here I can turn up at their doorsteps aready Laughing
    In your case, I just aske for the three-eyed guy from wild Ireland? Or are there more of you? Laughing

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

CKJ505 wrote:Kool Y, not a big fan of Macca but kool none the less! I think we should post all of our addresses somewhere in EMC so that we can send each other a Xmas Prezzie , a cris cringle sort of thing, let Maceo draw the lots! What do you think?

Very cool idea indeed, I like it Cool
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:19 pm

there's a few people here I can turn up at their doorsteps aready Laughing

Better ask permission to get the barbecue fired up and the beers cooling then...

Er Wife? Wife?

OOPS.. she now thinks that a bunch of internet stalking cyber wierdo's are homing in on us as I type..

It's all hypothetical dear......
    I know we are not real, but THEY don't chock
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:27 pm

purpleblues1 wrote: there's a few people here I can turn up at their doorsteps aready Laughing

Better ask permission to get the barbecue fired up and the beers cooling then...

Er Wife? Wife?

OOPS.. she now thinks that a bunch of internet stalking cyber wierdo's are homing in on us as I type..

It's all hypothetical dear......
    I know we are not real, but THEY don't chock

I KNOW Purpleblues is actually talking to his printer now Laughing

(does she know you've been posting pictures of HER allotment here? Laughing )
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Ok! from all of your comments on that one, about 6 weeks before Xmas, apologies " Winter Holidays" a draw of lots will be done by Maceo and those chosen will " privately exchange" addresses. That will put a stop to unpronounced doorstep visits! Laughing

The growl of a motor bike engine would freak me out no end.... affraid look out
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:04 am

Why wait until Christmas? tongue

(It's my wedding anniversary in about a week's time rofl )
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:Why wait until Christmas? tongue

(It's my wedding anniversary in about a week's time rofl )

so another personal CD , this time compiled with a sympathetic ear for Mrs Y? dj :swing: dj

Or that roar of the entropy bike , growling through the country lanes, heading for Castle Y???
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:25 pm

I'd like to know how I missed out on 20TEN, no copy in my mailbox ?!?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:28 pm

maxim9691 wrote:I'd like to know how I missed out on 20TEN, no copy in my mailbox ?!?

Pm me your address again(I know , I know!!!!)
    I'll include some other goodies too! Cool
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:10 pm

maxim9691 wrote:I'd like to know how I missed out on 20TEN, no copy in my mailbox ?!?

ooops. it seems I failed .
    So sorry oh great one. feel really bad now. Guilty post ,of contrition , this is! scared scared scared scared
    There's now a copy in the post...finally
    scared scared scared

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:44 pm