Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers

Do U C?

CKJ505

Do U C?

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:52 am

Can anyone spot what's wrong with this picture of Prince from the early 80's? scratch
    maxim9691

Re: Do U C?

Post by maxim9691 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:52 am

I can see alot of things wrong with this picture, but I will stick with what your trying to point out.

This is a photo that has been the subject of many a Prince debate on weather he is fake playing or not.
    Since as you can see in the pic , it appears that it's not plugged in.

Here are my 2 guesses ,
    1- it was a promo picture taken after the show to look like a performance , which is and was very common.

2-the guitar had a wireless (fm signal) pack that was placed on the back and ran though the body. Possibly due to a quick fix, or serious electrical problem while on the road.

As far as the fake guitar playing possibility goes, I say no chance. For anyone that was at or has listened to shows from the Dirty Mind tour, the performances vary greatly from show to show, so playing to track would not be very effective.

CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:20 am

maxim9691 wrote:I can see alot of things wrong with this picture, but I will stick with what your trying to point out.

This is a photo that has been the subject of many a Prince debate on weather he is fake playing or not.
    Since as you can see in the pic , it appears that it's not plugged in.

Here are my 2 guesses ,
    1- it was a promo picture taken after the show to look like a performance , which is and was very common.

2-the guitar had a wireless (fm signal) pack that was placed on the back and ran though the body. Possibly due to a quick fix, or serious electrical problem while on the road.

As far as the fake guitar playing possibility goes, I say no chance. For anyone that was at or has listened to shows from the Dirty Mind tour, the performances vary greatly from show to show, so playing to track would not be very effective.

Whoooe there, did not expect such an in depth explanation, but that pretty much sums that picture up. I'll go with your promo picture theory, seems feasible to be the truth.

I thought initially that some photo shopper deliberately deleted the jack and cable to get everyone talking...
    Raserisk

Post by Raserisk on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:42 am

Prince needs to...shave..down...under. Sorry.

Laughing

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:16 am

Raserisk wrote:Prince needs to...shave..down...under. Sorry.

Laughing

Princey does not need to shave. That's manly fur down there. lol I wouldn't want my man to be more lined up than me lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:09 am