Entropy Music Club

True Funk Soldiers


    Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Share
    avatar
    johnnypizzle

    Posts : 176
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Location : London

    Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by johnnypizzle on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:27 am

    Does anyone have recommendations for free iPod to PC transfer programs? I used to have a good one but I can't remember the name of it. Thanks.
    avatar
    Ymaginatif

    Posts : 5133
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Age : 43
    Location : imagination

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by Ymaginatif on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:31 am

    Does it not work to open your ipod in iTunes and then pull teh song with your mouse onto the desktop? Does that not produce a copy?

    I might be wrong ...

    Over t larger computer brains!
    avatar
    johnnypizzle

    Posts : 176
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Location : London

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by johnnypizzle on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:34 am

    Ymaginatif wrote:Does it not work to open your ipod in iTunes and then pull teh song with your mouse onto the desktop? Does that not produce a copy?

    I might be wrong ...

    Over t larger computer brains!

    Well...if you plug in an iPod to a PC that doesn't contain your music library, it will try to erase what's on your iPod. There are programs that will allow you to take songs off of your iPod and save them to your hard drive. I'm just too cheap to pay for any of them Smile
    avatar
    johnnypizzle

    Posts : 176
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Location : London

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by johnnypizzle on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 am

    i keep forgetting that : and ) don't make a regular smiley face on this site, they make the crazy face Smile

    i feel like it makes me look mentally unstable when all i'm trying to do is smile Laughing
    avatar
    Ymaginatif

    Posts : 5133
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Age : 43
    Location : imagination

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by Ymaginatif on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:45 am

    johnnypizzle wrote:
    Ymaginatif wrote:Does it not work to open your ipod in iTunes and then pull teh song with your mouse onto the desktop? Does that not produce a copy?

    I might be wrong ...

    Over t larger computer brains!

    Well...if you plug in an iPod to a PC that doesn't contain your music library, it will try to erase what's on your iPod. There are programs that will allow you to take songs off of your iPod and save them to your hard drive. I'm just too cheap to pay for any of them Smile

    You just have to make sure that the 'automatic synching' of thht particular computer's iTunes is switched off. That's all!
    avatar
    johnnypizzle

    Posts : 176
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Location : London

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by johnnypizzle on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 pm

    Ymaginatif wrote:
    johnnypizzle wrote:
    Ymaginatif wrote:Does it not work to open your ipod in iTunes and then pull teh song with your mouse onto the desktop? Does that not produce a copy?

    I might be wrong ...

    Over t larger computer brains!

    Well...if you plug in an iPod to a PC that doesn't contain your music library, it will try to erase what's on your iPod. There are programs that will allow you to take songs off of your iPod and save them to your hard drive. I'm just too cheap to pay for any of them Smile

    You just have to make sure that the 'automatic synching' of thht particular computer's iTunes is switched off. That's all!

    Really?! So iTunes will recognize the songs and playlists and stuff automatically?
    avatar
    Ymaginatif

    Posts : 5133
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Age : 43
    Location : imagination

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by Ymaginatif on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 pm

    Yes: it opens as if it were a playlist - on the left
    avatar
    johnnypizzle

    Posts : 176
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Location : London

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by johnnypizzle on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:38 pm

    Ymaginatif wrote:Yes: it opens as if it were a playlist - on the left

    hahaha....well don't i feel stupid. i had no idea. thanks for the info man.
    avatar
    johnnypizzle

    Posts : 176
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Location : London

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by johnnypizzle on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:36 pm

    yea...iTunes recognizes the library from an attached "foreign" iPod but you can't do anything with the songs, including playing them. however, i found a free program that allows you to copy songs from an iPod to a computer called Monkey Media Player. works like a charm.
    avatar
    Ymaginatif

    Posts : 5133
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Age : 43
    Location : imagination

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:57 am

    and I found that out yesterday too! Stupid apple-protection ...
    Sorry for the misinformation ... Embarassed
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 39
    Location : Germany

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by fkkScoop on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:30 am

    Ymaginatif wrote:and I found that out yesterday too! Stupid apple-protection ...
    Sorry for the misinformation ... Embarassed



    That´s why I´m have no apple product no ipod/pad/phone/clock/house/mac/land
    avatar
    maxim9691

    Posts : 9772
    Join date : 2008-10-14
    Age : 48
    Location : Robo Hipster

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by maxim9691 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:23 am

    fkkScoop wrote:
    Ymaginatif wrote:and I found that out yesterday too! Stupid apple-protection ...
    Sorry for the misinformation ... Embarassed



    That´s why I´m have no apple product no ipod/pad/phone/clock/house/mac/land
    drink3 Have a drink on me scoop, I love to hate me some Apples



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 39
    Location : Germany

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by fkkScoop on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:05 pm

    maxim9691 wrote:
    drink3 Have a drink on me scoop, I love to hate me some Apples


    drunk2
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5500
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 46
    Location : Ireland

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by CKJ505 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:33 pm

    fkkScoop wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    drink3 Have a drink on me scoop, I love to hate me some Apples


    drunk2

    There may be some strange posts coming soon with all this boozing going on... drink4
    avatar
    fkkScoop

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2009-08-28
    Age : 39
    Location : Germany

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by fkkScoop on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:34 pm

    CKJ505 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    drink3 Have a drink on me scoop, I love to hate me some Apples


    drunk2

    There may be some strange posts coming soon with all this boozing going on... drink4

    Stranger then now???
    avatar
    Ymaginatif

    Posts : 5133
    Join date : 2009-06-09
    Age : 43
    Location : imagination

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by Ymaginatif on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:34 pm

    Strange? Maxim and scoop both get drunk on Entropy, go out and buy an applecomputer.
    They regret it in the morning.

    Scoop's dad has to come and sort it out again ... (Purpleblues, over to you! Laughing )

    (See, it can get stranger! Cool )
    avatar
    CKJ505

    Posts : 5500
    Join date : 2010-04-21
    Age : 46
    Location : Ireland

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by CKJ505 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm

    fkkScoop wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    fkkScoop wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    drink3 Have a drink on me scoop, I love to hate me some Apples


    drunk2

    There may be some strange posts coming soon with all this boozing going on... drink4

    Stranger then now???

    No not really, just more strange than normal :partytime:

    Sponsored content

    Re: Transfering songs from iPod/iPhone to PC

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:51 am